Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Reverting to the old Yahoo Finance Page

Highlighted
Established 'Hoo

Reverting to the old Yahoo Finance Page

The old yahoo is still viewable and up.  The settings to view it are in the specific browser.  I have two older installs (before change) of firefox which were set to never remember history that can still view the old Yahoo Finance page as of today.

I have the same(version) firefox that was installed after the yahoo update that cannot view the old finance page. 

We need to find out what the difference is.  It is for sure the ability to view the old format is in the browser and not the yahoo account.

This is my problem:   The install which can still view the old format is set to never remember history (no cookies). What other file would have the key to the old formant?  There is something that was set or saved in older firefox installs which will allow anyone to view the old format.

I have no idea if this is true for other browsers.

Any help is appreciated.

91 REPLIES
Established 'Hoo

Re: Reverting to the old Yahoo Finance Page

Forget it.  The old installs are now only showing the new format.  We cannot easily look up historical data anymore.  What was once a simple task, is no longer even practical.  We worked with it all we could and have given up.  We could still do it, but now it is too many steps for 168 stocks.  We tried both Google and Microsoft and the Microsoft won out.  we can copy paste from msn like we once could from yahoo.  Google did not offer options for data presentation.   MSN is not as good as yahoo once was though, pasting in excel was a little better with old yahoo finance then with MSN.  We simply don't have any choice.

We have used yahoo since the very beginning and will try to stick with it as a homepage, but almost everything we once used yahoo for we now go somewhere else.

'Hoo Recruit

The old format which included historical stock prices is gone. Yet a comment said that it was still available. How do I access the historical data base?

'Hoo Recruit

A month ago, when I hit a specific stock on my portfolio page , the traditional yahoo page appeared with all sorts of info (in black and white) and up to  a dozen stories or report relavant to that stock.

Now , instead of the page I liked, and used for years, I get a green page with much less info......not stories or reports, and lacks "max." price graph.

How can I revert to your old page, which was much betterr than current page ?

**Username Removed**@comcast.net

'Hoo Recruit

I have the same issues with the new finance page.

When checking a particular mutual fund the old page had a link to a listing of all mutual funds with similar investment characteristics.  I used that frequently to determine if I wanted to switch to a different fund that was possibly performing better.

I hope Someone can help me find that link again.

'Hoo Recruit

I use Fixefox at home and work. My work computer changed to the new format for a day, but now is back to the old format, which I prefer. I have no idea why it reverted to the old format. My home computer only shows the new format. I would convert it back to the old format if I knew how. There's so many design flaws in the new format.

Established 'Hoo

Re: Reverting to the old Yahoo Finance Page = SOLUTION

I have great news!  I just discovered that using the Singaporean Yahoo FInance still is the old version that we all love.

It has all US stocks.  I have not tried it for mutual funds, etc...

The link below has historical data for VLO, just change it the symbol when you get there.

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/q/hp?s=VLO&a=02&b=21&c=1983&d=06&e=23&f=2016&g=d

New 'Hoo

the Singapore does have Mutual Fund info as well in the old, useful configuration.

'Hoo Recruit

Thanks for the solution. Let's hope that Yahoo ceases fixing what's not broken.

Ron

New 'Hoo

I can still see the old format on my Ipad.....

Trying to get old format on computers.....