cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

friend logged into his account, now I can't get rid of it

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

friend logged into his account, now I can't get rid of it

When I bring up Yahoo mail, my friend's account name is shown along with mine. I've tried "Manage Accounts" but it only shows me the option of changing the name. I've moved across the country and no longer talk to this person.

How do I get this email off of my list of mailboxes?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: friend logged into his account, now I can't get rid of it

Greetings @anyushka2000

Are you accessing this account from a laptop, desktop, phone, or tablet?  What browser or app are you using to do this?  Are you using Yahoo Basic, Yahoo Classic, or the New Mail to view your emails?  Where exactly are you seeing your friend's account listed?  Do you see it listed when you visit the Yahoo website using a laptop or desktop and then click on the "Sign In" button?  When you click on the "Mail" button to sign into email Inbox do you see the account listed here?  Once you are signed into your email inbox do you see the account listed here?

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
1 REPLY
Mail Pro All-star

Re: friend logged into his account, now I can't get rid of it

Greetings @anyushka2000

Are you accessing this account from a laptop, desktop, phone, or tablet?  What browser or app are you using to do this?  Are you using Yahoo Basic, Yahoo Classic, or the New Mail to view your emails?  Where exactly are you seeing your friend's account listed?  Do you see it listed when you visit the Yahoo website using a laptop or desktop and then click on the "Sign In" button?  When you click on the "Mail" button to sign into email Inbox do you see the account listed here?  Once you are signed into your email inbox do you see the account listed here?

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.