cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Mail Community Contest 4 (Oct 23, 2017 - Nov 19, 2017)

can't change the default sender address to be my linked account

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

can't change the default sender address to be my linked account

I was given a business email address powered by yahoo.  I was instructed by the yahoo setup guide to link it to an existing account, so I attatched it to a personal account.  However, I am unable to change the Settings->Writing Emails-> "default sending account" to the new address, because the only account option shown is the personal address.  I have to remember to manually change the address every single email I send and sometimes end up sending the email from my personal account address.  I need to fix the default address chosen when composing new emails.  

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: can't change the default sender address to be my linked account

That indicates you are trying to add it as a disposable address, instead of as a send only address.

Use the 'accepted solution' button to let everyone know your issue was resolved! You can also give 'kudos' if you agree with someone's post or appreciate their input. Points are awarded for these actions. Contest are held regularly too! Check out the 'Announcements' boards for the latest details.
Pro 'Hoo

I FIXED IT!!!  You have to add an Extra address in accounts, then chose that address as default sender.  It will not allow you to save a disposable address as a default.  Holy cow !@#$ 

6 REPLIES
Moderatin' 'Hoo

Hi @nothankyou - Have you gone ahead and tried to re-add the business email address as a send only address underneath where you can choose the default addresses in Settings? If so, get back to me and I can look into this further for you. 

'Hoo Recruit

I have tried that a couple times, yes.  The message "Your email *workemailname*@*workaddress*.com already exists."

'Hoo Recruit

@chrisf9770 Any new info for me?

Administratin' 'Hoo

That indicates you are trying to add it as a disposable address, instead of as a send only address.

Use the 'accepted solution' button to let everyone know your issue was resolved! You can also give 'kudos' if you agree with someone's post or appreciate their input. Points are awarded for these actions. Contest are held regularly too! Check out the 'Announcements' boards for the latest details.
'Hoo Recruit

I have a similar issue.  I can choose different sender addresses from the dropdown "From" field when I compose an email, but if I try to set any of these as a default Sender address, it will not stick if I try to save that setting.  I hope Yahoo will fix this soon!

Pro 'Hoo

I FIXED IT!!!  You have to add an Extra address in accounts, then chose that address as default sender.  It will not allow you to save a disposable address as a default.  Holy cow !@#$