cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Yahoo! Mail search not working

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

Yahoo! Mail search not working

Search result only returns emails to November 2016. emails before that doesn't show up.

I saw a previous post on doing maintenance on the account solved the problem. https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Features-and-settings/deleting-emails/m-p/165440

Could you do a maintenance on my account as well? thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: Yahoo! Mail search not working

Your account is on a newer server where this maintenance is not possible. How are you searching? On what device, app and/or browser? If you don't search, but just scroll through the account do emails older than Nov 2016 appear?

Use the 'accepted solution' button to let everyone know your issue was resolved. Give 'kudos' if you agree with someone's post or appreciate their input. Points are awarded for these actions. Contest are held regularly too! Check out the Announcements board for the latest details.
34 REPLIES
Administratin' 'Hoo

Your account is on a newer server where this maintenance is not possible. How are you searching? On what device, app and/or browser? If you don't search, but just scroll through the account do emails older than Nov 2016 appear?

Use the 'accepted solution' button to let everyone know your issue was resolved. Give 'kudos' if you agree with someone's post or appreciate their input. Points are awarded for these actions. Contest are held regularly too! Check out the Announcements board for the latest details.
'Hoo Recruit

the issues went away. thank you!

New 'Hoo

Hi,

How do you fix a Yahoo Mail Search that doesn't work properly?

Thanks,

Jack

'Hoo Recruit

Hello. My search function doesnt work either. The "working" circle whizzes then message is:

"We couldn’t find a message with the keyword boiler.Please try again or explore more options in Advanced Search."

I have tried searching on words in emails just received so I assume there is a back-office issue with the account? Am using Chrome on a win 7 desktop.

Many thanks.

Tags (1)
New 'Hoo

I get the same 0 result no matter what i search for, Advanced search has the same behaviour. Can this be fixed please? thanks

'Hoo Recruit

My mobile app AND main Yahoo email has very poor search!! It rarely works - often NIL results when there are emails with the SEARCH WORD!  Please can someone advise HOW to resolve; and how to get an engineer to look into it.  Searching is a fundamental part of email; and it has failed many times over many months (does not work many times more than it does work)...

Administratin' 'Hoo

Generally search issues will resolve themselves over a short time (on the new servers - which only applies to @jrlim57 in this thread). If you find that you have continued search issues, we recommend you try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. This will help new search results populate better.

Everyone else that has responded on this thread in the last couple hours is experiencing an issue with the server you're all on. I've filed a bug with engineering using your examples and hope to get you a solution soon. Sorry for the inconvenience caused!

'Hoo Recruit

Hi!  Search now working so thanks for the feedback.

Established 'Hoo

Yahoo! Mail search is still not working and it has NOT been solved. Yahoo! are refusing to deal with this critical problem and refusing to communicate with customers, which demonstrates their arrogance.

Tags (2)