cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
We have planned maintenance Sep 28, Midnight to 4 am PT. We don't anticipate any downtime.

Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Why is the ability to add an additional yahoo account to your screen gone?

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Why is the ability to add an additional yahoo account to your screen gone?

I can add Gmail, Aol and outlook but I can't add an extra yahoo account.

Can this feature please be added back? It's very inconvenient to toggle between accounts, when you can check all your accounts on one screen.

All my accounts are listed on the left and it's so easy to check all my emails at once, removing Yahoo from this feature was a bad decision. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Why is the ability to add an additional yahoo account to your screen gone?

@renehoney

Currently, you can't add Yahoo accounts as extra mailboxes. We recommend using the Account Switcher in the meantime.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
3 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@renehoney

Currently, you can't add Yahoo accounts as extra mailboxes. We recommend using the Account Switcher in the meantime.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
New 'Hoo

Thanks, Just as feedback, this was a great function and removing it, just makes using the experience a whole lot more inconvenient for those of us who have multiple business and personal email accounts to track and go between at the same time. 

We can't be switching profiles everytime we need to go between emails and accounts. 

This is a very regressive move, also the very reason why I stick to classic mail because the ability to right clik and copy emails are gone in the new layout. 

'Hoo Recruit

Actually, there's a small workaround for that I have discovered if you use android (I'm not sure if this works on iPhone or not, but I know for sure it does on android).  Open the Yahoo Mail app on the android, then open the 3 line menu icon in the upper left hand corner.  Tap where it says "Add another mailbox" and from there you can select your additional Yahoo accounts.  Go through the sign in process, and the new account (and any others you've added) will be shown in the upper left hand corner of the menu.  Hope that helps.