cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Viewing Images in Yahoo Mail

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Viewing Images in Yahoo Mail

When I open my Avon emails I canno see the images. Can someone tell me is there a specific setting I need to change? I can see images in my other emails. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pro 'Hoo

Re: Viewing Images in Yahoo Mail

Hi, I just went into Firefox and changed tracking settings, turned them off actually and ....BAM...images are loading again!  Not sure of this was the root cause of the images not laoding in the first place - but checked all fo the emails that had definitel issues and they are all loading no problem!

thanks,

10 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@DawnDHartley37

Do these images come in as an attachments or are they embedded in the email? 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
New 'Hoo

Same issue here. Only can view an embedded photo by 'clicking' on the grey box and opening the 'image' in a new tab in Firefox. Used to work, but for the last few weeks any image is just a grey box.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@mccrashguy

I checked out the account and everything seems to be working fine. If needed, check out the browser troubleshooting steps in this post to see if that fixes the issue.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Pro 'Hoo

Hi, I have recently had an issue in all of my Yahoo email accounts where I cannot see images in emails?  They always used to show up but no longer?  I have gone to the Security & Privacy section in Settings and see that 'Always, except in spam folder' is checked - but I see a very quick message that says that my preference chance selctecion failed and the message disappears so I cannot even see the rest of the error message that is showing up?  This is inside of Firefox 50.0.1.  Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

Thanks!

Official 'Hoo Staff

@TimH

The in-line images in emails seem to be displaying normally. Check out the browser troubleshooting post I mentioned above and see if that gets things working for you.

Pro 'Hoo

Thanks so much for the reply!  I did clear the cache on Firefox per instrucitons with no success.  I forgot to mention that this issue is present on both Firefox and Chrome.  I took a screenshot of both but see no way to attach the image here for you to look at?  The images do not show up in either browser - but present themselves a bit differently in both.  I guess I can try to access from my home desktop to see if maybe the issue resides on my laptop (where I am having the issues I report here).

Thanks again,

- Tim

Official 'Hoo Staff

@TimH

Yeah, try it from home to see if it works any differently there. I can't seem to replicate anything here.

Pro 'Hoo

Hi, I tried from home and can see all images with no issue so that is confirmed anyway.  Now I guess I need to figure out what might be the issue on the laptop that is preventing images from loading?  LEt me know if you have any thoughts.  This is a Wondows 7 Intel i5 based Toshiba laptop BTW.

Thanks,

- Tim

Pro 'Hoo

Hi, I just went into Firefox and changed tracking settings, turned them off actually and ....BAM...images are loading again!  Not sure of this was the root cause of the images not laoding in the first place - but checked all fo the emails that had definitel issues and they are all loading no problem!

thanks,