cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Mail Community Contest 4 (Oct 23, 2017 - Nov 19, 2017)

Unlink multiple yahoo emails

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

Unlink multiple yahoo emails

How do I unlink two email accounts? Driving me nuts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-Star

Re: Unlink multiple yahoo emails

When you say link is email being forwarded from one address to another or is one address just as external account being accessed by the other account.

To stop forwardiing you must go back to Classic mail and go to the account settings in the account that is forwarding. Click on the account and change forwarding back to pop/imap.

To remove external account go to the account or mailbox settings in Classic or New. Click on the address to be removed and select remove on the next page.

Feel free to Reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my replies are just my opinion based on experience.
Make sure your phone and email are current. There is no way to verify or recover an account without them.
7 REPLIES
Highlighted
Administratin' 'Hoo

Here is how to remove an email account from your Yahoo Mail:

1. Mouse over the Settings icon Image of the Settings icon. | select Settings.
  2. Click Accounts.
  3. Select the account.
  4. Click Remove mailbox.
  5. Click Remove mailbox again to confirm.
If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Mail Pro All-Star

When you say link is email being forwarded from one address to another or is one address just as external account being accessed by the other account.

To stop forwardiing you must go back to Classic mail and go to the account settings in the account that is forwarding. Click on the account and change forwarding back to pop/imap.

To remove external account go to the account or mailbox settings in Classic or New. Click on the address to be removed and select remove on the next page.

Feel free to Reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
Make sure your phone and email are current. There is no way to verify or recover an account without them.
'Hoo Recruit

Same emails shows up in both accounts. Both yahoo accounts have a common password, and if one is changed the other is also changed. I made the mistake of selecting "would you like your accounts linked" when setting up the second account. I would like two separate accounts, different passwords.

New 'Hoo

**Username Protected**@yahoo.com can't sign onto tagged or read my emails on yahoo

tagged won't let me sign in because they claim my yahoo account is not working.  They are correct.  I can't even get mail'  Please hlep get this fixed as soon as possible.  Lina Lanieri

'Hoo Recruit

Worked up to "select account," then no option for Remove Mailbox.

Looking around, I find what I thought was a separate account is actually an alias, so I don't know if it would be possible to make it a separate account.

Mail Pro All-Star

Bathsheba wrote:

Worked up to "select account," then no option for Remove Mailbox.

Looking around, I find what I thought was a separate account is actually an alias, so I don't know if it would be possible to make it a separate account.

I have been told that is you remove an alias you can immediately create a new account with the same ID. It has not been confirmed and I doubt it would work. Since it is a alias there is no problem with losing email.

In new email remove the alias at the bottom of the mailboxes page.

In classic email you must select the account and remove alias should be on the next page.

'Hoo Recruit

Thank you.

Yahoo recycled old unused email addresses a few years back, and I was able to get my **Username Protected**@yahoo.com, which isn't easy as it is a common name. I thought that was a new account, and I selected something like "link this account to your other account" which as I recall was the recommended option. So now I got what I got, and probably better not mess with it any more, as I wasted half the day already. Seems like email gets more and more complex to the edge of failure today with all the apps and forwarding, etc., while email clients fall behind. Whither hast thou gone, Eudora, Pegasus, nPoP. I think the point is to push you into proprietary apps or web mail to make sure they get to spy on you and make you watch ads.