cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Unable to get Mail settings to work

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Unable to get Mail settings to work

Within mail, If I hover over the cog icon, then click the Settings link, I get an error message "Sorry, an unknown error has occurred. Please try again. If the issue persists, please contact customer care.". The settings menu shape is behind the alert but nothing is populated there. No Errors printed on the screen of the browser unless I look into console etc.

Repeated Google searching is not bringing up productive wisdom. I cannot seem to find Customer care (perhaps not there).

So, My Yahoo account automatically forwards the emails to an old email address (lineone) which I want to stop using as it is too spammy. I have changed my primary email address on the Yahoo account but this has not sorted the forwarding.

Unfortunately the mail settings page is not showing correctly. I have tried on three separate browsers and cleared cache before repeating - same result. I am using OSX. Without knowing what the menu uses, I am struggling to find relevant error messages that imply something I can do. Under Console in Firefox, there is an entry "CMP Error: Error retrieving GDPR consent from GUCE".

As far as I know I have succeeded in completing all the GDPR requirements I need to do so I am hoping it is not related to me being in the UK and services stopping working because of GDPR.

Hope someone has seen this also and is able to help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Unable to get Mail settings to work

@Richardhx,

When you signed up for the account you selected the option "I'd rather use my own email address" and a google account was used. 

Forwarding would not have been able to be set as settings are not accessible with these types of accounts. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
4 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Richardhx,

You would have no settings options when using an account that is a non-Yahoo ID. The account was originally created using a Google ID instead of creating a Yahoo ID. 

If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
'Hoo Recruit

Thank you for replying.
I don't see how that is possible unless I absorbed an older yahoo account Into a new one 🤔. This has been forwarding to a very old email address for years.

I changed the email address to the Gmail email I do have access to. It has a setting somewhere where the emails are being forwarded to the original email address. I suppose the only way to sort it is to dump the lot, all this is for one remaining group I subscribed to.
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Richardhx,

When you signed up for the account you selected the option "I'd rather use my own email address" and a google account was used. 

Forwarding would not have been able to be set as settings are not accessible with these types of accounts. 

'Hoo Recruit

Clearly you have not read my original post then as this account is actually forwarding to my old email address. If you are calling me a liar by saying that what I say is not possible then provide me an email address and I'll send screen shots of the emails in the yahoo account and the email downloaded through my old pop3 account. Suffice to say that something is wrong.