cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Stuck in Basic, And Can't Revert to Full Featured Classic

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

Re: Stuck in Basic, And Can't Revert to Full Featured Classic

the other account is in the upper left corner

Highlighted
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @DandyRandy

Since this is an ATT account you may want to contact them for assistance in unlinking this account.

Get help with an AT&T, Frontier, Verizon, Rogers, BT, Sky, or Spark account or password - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/sln25426.html

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
'Hoo Recruit

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@DandyRandy

Also keep in mind that AT&T accounts can no longer use Classic Mail.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Established 'Hoo

Yahoo has shut down Classic Mail and offers it to NO ONE anymore. So anyone who has ANY other server other then Yahoo itself , you are stuck in Basic forever unless you get another server or get your ISP server to choose another Email service if they refuse to have their own.

THERE IS NO MORE CLASSIC MAIL.

They shut it down to make Yahoo mailers go completely with Yahoo and  BUY their New Mail Pro program. They have a standard New Mail regular but you still have to go completely with Yahoo to get it. That woud be what use to be called Classic. If you want more features you'd have to BUY their Pro program.

Yahoo no longer supports ANY server other then their own. AT&T, Frontier, etc.

apparetly they forgot to inform those severs of this change they actually made 2 months ago ! So those servers keep saying and believing  Yahoo supports them - but they do not.

Yahoo wants you to be totally WITH  Yahoo and BUY their mail program, or you will have to go elsewhere for a good mail program and one that would also forward to your own personal mail program such as Outlook Express if you want your own mail program.

==

Established 'Hoo

Classic was shut down 2 months ago.

New 'Hoo

i am not able to change password

Established 'Hoo

Yes I've doen all those things too only to find out Yahoo no longer offers Classic anymroe - they shut it down 2 months ago.  You have to change over COMPLELEY to Yahoo address and all,  to get their "NEW MAIL" program. That is basically Classic or you can BUY their Pro mail progarm.

It's all about money as usual.

I do not have that option since my house phone (Frontier is the ONLY home phone provider -there is no competition with that) and internet is by Frontier and they do not have their own mail system.  And they are under the belief that Yahoo is still supporting them and I can't get it thorugh their head that that is no longer so.

So I'm stuck without a mail system to get out my newsletters that I've been doing for 23 years !  My list people are not happy campers, to say the least.

==

Established 'Hoo

There is no more Classic mail. Yahoo stopped it 2 months ago.

Unless you have only a Yahoo account nothing will work.

They no longer support other servers.

Established 'Hoo

New Mail is not avaailbe unless you change over to Yahoo Mail address and all .

You cannot use your servers address.

Only the horrible Basic is available.