cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Stop auto forward

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

Stop auto forward

How do I stop my Yahoo mail from auto forwarding to another email? The directions on here are from last year and the settings-account settings-forward isn't an option anymore.
Tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Stop auto forward

Greetings @becckay_2007

Email forwarding hasn't been set up in New Mail yet so you will need to switch back to the previous version in order to access those settings.

Automatic email forwarding in Yahoo Mail - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/sln22028.html

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
Highlighted
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @becckay_2007

Are you sure what you are seeing is your Yahoo account forwarding to your Gmail account and not your Gmail account linked to your Yahoo account and just downloading your new Yahoo email?

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
6 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @becckay_2007

Email forwarding hasn't been set up in New Mail yet so you will need to switch back to the previous version in order to access those settings.

Automatic email forwarding in Yahoo Mail - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/sln22028.html

'Hoo Recruit

Thank you! I found the option for forwarding after I switched back. Unfortunately it wasn't shown as being active. Any ideas how it is forwarding everything to my gmail account? and how I can stop it?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @becckay_2007

Are you sure what you are seeing is your Yahoo account forwarding to your Gmail account and not your Gmail account linked to your Yahoo account and just downloading your new Yahoo email?

'Hoo Recruit

That's it! Thanks so much!
New 'Hoo

I forwarded my YAHOO mail to gmail. BAD idea. went through the steps to STOP forwarding at gmail AND YAHOO.. didn't stop. closed the gmail account. now everyone gets a error message that the GMAIL account is closed and the ythink I am not getting my emails- also- my emails from groups get the error message and take my account off the list.

1- CLASSIC MAIL has no (&^%$# settings in it to change forwarding.

2- there is no reference in my YAHOO accounts about forwarding my mail anywhere

3 CLASSIC mail does have a selection START forwarding mail. that does me no good.

now what?

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @OldDeacon

I'm not sure what question you are trying to ask and what answer you are looking for.  As my previous response indicates if your Yahoo account shows no forwarding email address set up then it's likely you had your Gmail account set up to download new Yahoo emails.  Now that you have closed your Gmail account there would be no way of checking that now.