cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

Smart folders in Android app?

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Smart folders in Android app?

Hi all,

I do not see the new Smart Folders in my Android App for Yahoo Mail, nor do I see anywhere in the Settings to add/view them?  Can you view these smart folders in the android yahoo mail app?  Also, many of my older emails that were in folders are now not loading or were stripped of the attached pictures, what gives?!? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Smart folders in Android app?

@BenSmith

Right, in the app, when you do a search it will search for the term and not a filetype, attachment, etc. However, after doing a search, you should see a Photos option to refine the search to results that contain a photo.

7 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@BenSmith

The Yahoo Mail app for Android should have the Smart Views under the Trash folder in the sidebar menu. Try removing and re-adding the app if needed. As for the older emails with attachments, are the attachments themselves gone or is just the icon indicating that there's an attachment?

'Hoo Recruit

Hi Scooter,

Thanks for replying. The Smart Views section does appear under the Trash folder, however the Photos, Documents, & Tutorials folders that appear in my Windows log in do not appear on the Android version.  Only People, Travel, etc...?

As for the old fotos, they were moved to the Photos Smart Folder and do not appear attached to the emails they were sent/received in.  Since this smart folder does not appear in Android, I now have no access to them.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@BenSmith

Right, so the New version of Yahoo Mail on the desktop is a little different than what displays on the app currently. The Photos Smart View isn't a folder, exactly. It's an active filter that sorts the emails in your mailbox. You can't add emails or photos to it, as it does it automatically. You should be able to find it by doing a Search on the mailbox.

'Hoo Recruit

Ok, so I tried searching "Photos" in the mailbox and only emails with that word came up.  Do I have to search for each individual email?  The whole point of having folders is to archive things to retrieve later, and like I said most of my older emails have been stripped of the photo attachments, in the app anyway.  They are still there in Windows.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@BenSmith

Right, in the app, when you do a search it will search for the term and not a filetype, attachment, etc. However, after doing a search, you should see a Photos option to refine the search to results that contain a photo.

'Hoo Recruit

That id the trick!  Thanks Scooter!

Official 'Hoo Staff

@BenSmith

Awesome! you're welcome!