cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Settings

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Settings

When I first signed up with Yahoo a few years ago, I set up my Contact list to where only the contacts I entered would be in my contact list. Now, every website I email for information or order from is being added to my contact list automatically, and I am repeatedly having to go through and delete them individually. I can't find the setting for this. Where do I go??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Settings

Greetings @Lamb5854

Are you accessing your account from a laptop, desktop, phone, or tablet?  What browser or app are you using to do this?  Are you using Yahoo Basic, Yahoo Classic, or the New Mail to view your emails?

In Yahoo Classic there was a setting to keep the emails you received from automatically being added to your contacts.  If you are usign the New Mail then you may be seeing this information coming from any social medi accounts you have linked to this account.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
1 REPLY
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Settings

Greetings @Lamb5854

Are you accessing your account from a laptop, desktop, phone, or tablet?  What browser or app are you using to do this?  Are you using Yahoo Basic, Yahoo Classic, or the New Mail to view your emails?

In Yahoo Classic there was a setting to keep the emails you received from automatically being added to your contacts.  If you are usign the New Mail then you may be seeing this information coming from any social medi accounts you have linked to this account.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.