cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

Prefix in my email name / from field

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Prefix in my email name / from field

Ok.. a few years ago others told me I was sending spam from my email account so I put in the name - could be spam if coming from this address..

Here is the probelm.. sending from desktop no problem.. but from mobile phone or tablet.. using the yahoo app that still shows up before my name.

May be spam if coming from this address.

I find no where to change this in the desk top app or on the mobile app.

The name in the accounts and email screen outgoing email all says my name correctly.. but sending from mobile still says - may be spam if coming from this email address.

Any ideas? Or does a phone number exist to actually call and talk to a human at Yahoo?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-Star

Re: Prefix in my email name / from field

Only the Yahoo Mail app uses the same sending name as the computer does. If you are using a non Yahoo email program you have to change it in its settings.

Feel free to Reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my replies are just my opinion based on experience.
Make sure your phone and email are current. There is no way to verify or recover an account without them.
1 REPLY
Mail Pro All-Star

Re: Prefix in my email name / from field

Only the Yahoo Mail app uses the same sending name as the computer does. If you are using a non Yahoo email program you have to change it in its settings.

Feel free to Reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my replies are just my opinion based on experience.
Make sure your phone and email are current. There is no way to verify or recover an account without them.