cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

On Android here can I change pop to imap

SOLVED
New 'Hoo

On Android here can I change pop to imap

I'm not seeing this option anywhere in the accounts or yahoo mail app itself. 

I don't have the yahoo account setup in the default email app and don't want double email either. Nor do I see a way to delete the account although one to add it.

It's a recent phone, i think running android 8 or 9...

Thanks much,

Dr M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mail Pro All-star

Re: On Android here can I change pop to imap

@DrMagic

The Yahoo mail app is only IMAP. For other apps you are just going to have to look at its detailed help. If you must use POP3 be sure to set the account option to "leave on the server" if you are also using Yahoo somewhere else with IMAP. That way only the Yahoo app or website will delete and not the POP3 app. With POP3 and "leave on server" turned on deleting an email will remove it from the device but not the server.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In 25 days (January 31, 2019) the Classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available. At that time you'll be upgraded to the newest version of Yahoo Mail or Basic Mail depending on your browser's compatibility.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
1 REPLY
Highlighted
Mail Pro All-star

Re: On Android here can I change pop to imap

@DrMagic

The Yahoo mail app is only IMAP. For other apps you are just going to have to look at its detailed help. If you must use POP3 be sure to set the account option to "leave on the server" if you are also using Yahoo somewhere else with IMAP. That way only the Yahoo app or website will delete and not the POP3 app. With POP3 and "leave on server" turned on deleting an email will remove it from the device but not the server.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In 25 days (January 31, 2019) the Classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available. At that time you'll be upgraded to the newest version of Yahoo Mail or Basic Mail depending on your browser's compatibility.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.