cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

New terms in regards to deleted emails

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

New terms in regards to deleted emails

Hello, I am not sure how this community works, but I have been a yahoo member for many years and have a question about upcoming changes in terms of privacy (especially for loved ones who have shared information in emails who are not yahoo users to where they can agree or disagree with the new terms). My question is...For emails that yahoo users delete prior to this change, are they deleted from the system or could they be subject to the scanning and sharing of information? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: New terms in regards to deleted emails

@forquestions

Scanning is done by computer and just looks for key words to display applicable ads. That has been happening for years. You can not opt out other than to close your account. I looked at Gmail terms of service and it is the same. My guess is that Yahoo only scans incomming email but there is no way to know for sure.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
Make sure your phone and email are current. There is no way to verify or recover an account without them.
1 REPLY
Mail Pro All-star

Re: New terms in regards to deleted emails

@forquestions

Scanning is done by computer and just looks for key words to display applicable ads. That has been happening for years. You can not opt out other than to close your account. I looked at Gmail terms of service and it is the same. My guess is that Yahoo only scans incomming email but there is no way to know for sure.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
Make sure your phone and email are current. There is no way to verify or recover an account without them.