cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

My alias email has been changed... I need it back!!!

Highlighted
Established 'Hoo

My alias email has been changed... I need it back!!!

Hi! 

I have a problem with my alias since fews days. I cant send any mail. It said that the mailbox is unavailable. I can reiceve mail. But not send. 

I saw in my account the my alias as been changed, (without any reason!). And, I cant have it back. I try to create a new email. But said that the name its already taken. (By me, for sure!) I can go in my acccount with my alias. But can send message.

My email is **Username Protected**@yahoo.ca

My alias was **Username Protected**@yahoo.com (It look in the account it has been modified for **Username Protected**@yahoo.ca)

But I toke yahoo.com for a reason. I not longer live in Canada. So, its better yahoo.com

I really need this alias back. Its my writer name. I cant write with my old name. People dont know my other name. It could be strange.

Please someone can help me to fix it!!!

I really need this two emal: 

**Username Protected**@yahoo.ca

**Username Protected**@yahoo.com

42 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: My alias email has been changed... I need it back!!!

@MarilynM

I checked out the account and everything seems to be working fine. I was able to send an email from the alias without any trouble. There was an issue before where .ca aliases were changed to .com mistakenly, but that has since been fixed.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Need help on Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Established 'Hoo

No! It's not working... I was your email. You did with the wrong alias.

**Username Protected**@yahoo.ca was not my alias. My alias suppose to ending with yahoo.com not with yahoo.ca

You maid a test with my email (the one with veillette and yahoo.ca) and with the wrong alias (montplaisir with yahoo.ca)) 

But My alias was montplaisir with yahoo.com. Its the point! 

Can you please fix it????

Tags (1)
Established 'Hoo

The thing in my case, is the opposite...

My alias was changed to yahoo.ca. But my alias was at yahoo.com

But I created my alias with my new name and yahoo.com because I no longer live in Canada, its more easy to explain the domain. 

Can you please put my real alias back: .montplaisir with yahoo.com ?

Official 'Hoo Staff

@MarilynM

Can you provide the subject/date of an email that was sent to the .com alias so we can look into this further for you?

Established 'Hoo

@Scootermobile

I just received one. 

Today; 8:05 (Costa Rica time)

Subject: Date

I still received some mail in the box montplaisir  **Username Protected**@yahoo.com

But, I cant send anyone. Or reply. Like if I try to reply to this mail, I have an error message. (This mailbox is unvalable). 

Official 'Hoo Staff

@MarilynM

Ok, so here's the weird part, and probably why this issue is happening: it shows as yahoo.ca on the front end, but looking in the system it shows as .com. So it can receive email sent to both. I was also able to send a test email from the alias to itself without any trouble. So from what I can see, it's functioning as it was, with the exception that it's showing .ca instead of .com. Do you want me to get this up to engineering for you?

Established 'Hoo

@Scootermobile

Yes, please! If someone can fix it...

Because .montplaisir     @yahoo.ca was not my alias. It has appeared in my account since I cannot send email with my real alias. 

And, I cant send any email with my real alias .montplaisir      **Username Protected**@yahoo.com   Like the email I just received. I reply with my email veillette. But its strange for the people. Like your test. You didn't send the mail with the real alias. Doesn't work... 

And, all my account skype or facebook are joinded with my real alias.   **Username Protected**@yahoo.com

If someone can fix it, I would really apreciate it. 

Just need my old email (for personal thing and old contacts)  _veillette    **Username Protected**@yahoo.ca And my alias (the real and the good one!)    .montplaisir   @yahoo.com   

If its better... Because seem that alias always cause problem... Maybe I canhave two email.  (Just, I try to create one, with my alias, but I cant because Its already mine. Smiley Wink  )

So, please, I just want want my alias back! 

Official 'Hoo Staff

@MarilynM

I got this up to our team for you.

Established 'Hoo

@Scootermobile

Ok thanks!!! I wish someone can fix it... I try since a week and half to contact yahoo team. But nobody answer and help. Smiley Sad 

They will contact me here? Or in my mailbox?

Thanks for trying and for your help!