cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Mac Mail Not Syncing with Yahoo Mail

SOLVED
Pro 'Hoo

Mac Mail Not Syncing with Yahoo Mail

I have been reading for hours trying to find a solutuon and cannot find anything.

My mail on my Mac Mail does not sync with my Yahoo on my ipad, my iphone and also on my Yahoo Account online. What do I need to do to change this? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pro 'Hoo

Re: Mac Mail Not Syncing with Yahoo Mail

I realized that the problem must be with my Mac Mail. So what I did is just remove my Yahoo account from Mac Mail and "reloaded" it. Now it is syncing. Not sure why it stopped working in the first place. Thanks for all you help. 

6 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @fulofgrace

I believe you are looking at this in the wrong way.  Your device should be syncing with your Yahoo account, once that happens you should see the same changes across your other devices.

Have you contacted Apple support for help setting up Yahoo mail in Mac Mail, on your iPad, and iPhone?  What version of Mac Mail are you using?  What email app are you using on your iPad and iPhone?  What iPad and iPhone are you using?

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
Highlighted
Mail Pro All-star

@fulofgrace

If you are not using the Yahoo app then make sure the email program is using IMAP and not POP3.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In 25 days (January 31, 2019) the Classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available. At that time you'll be upgraded to the newest version of Yahoo Mail or Basic Mail depending on your browser's compatibility.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
Pro 'Hoo

Here is the setting from my phone. I think it is set up as IMAP?

Yahoo! SMTP Server

Server is on

Host Name=YAhoo! SMTP Server

User Name= Optional

Password=Optional

Use SSL is on

Authentication OAuth 2.0 Token

Server Port 465 

Pro 'Hoo

I will look at Apple Forum as well. 

Mac Mail Vdersion 12.2

I use the mail app on my Ipad and Iphone

Iphone 7 plus and Ipad Air 

What throws me off is that it is not syncing on my web mail either. 

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @fulofgrace

What I would do is to remove your Yahoo account from the default mail account on your mobile devices.  Download the BlueMail app or the Yahoo Mail app and set up your Yahoo account.  You could stop by your local Apple store or contact Apple support to make sure your phone is set to correctly snyc with your Yahoo account.  If you need to manually set up your Yahoo account use these IMAP settings.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
Pro 'Hoo

I realized that the problem must be with my Mac Mail. So what I did is just remove my Yahoo account from Mac Mail and "reloaded" it. Now it is syncing. Not sure why it stopped working in the first place. Thanks for all you help.