cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

I need to make an email account on yahoo.com with the same user name as my .co.uk ac

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

I need to make an email account on yahoo.com with the same user name as my .co.uk ac

Hi all, and very many thanks in advance.

I have an **Username Protected**@yahoo.co.uk address and need to make an **Username Protected**@yahoo.com address.

but each time I try it says the account already exists.

but when I try to send an email to the **Username Protected**@yahoo.com address it says it doesn't, I am assuming because I have the .co.uk address already.

is there any way of making the second account?

thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mail Pro All-star

Re: I need to make an email account on yahoo.com with the same user name as my .co.uk ac

@Mikegamez

Yahoo IDs are unique and can not be reused between other Yahoo domains EVER even if account is closed. The only exceptions were the ymail.com and rocketmail.com accounts that are no longer issued. They required the entire email address for sign in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today is Monday, January 07, 2019 and the time is 12:46 pm PST.
In 24 days (January 31. 2019) the Classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available. At that time you'll be upgraded to the newest version of Yahoo Mail or Basic Mail depending on your browser's compatibility.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
Mail Pro All-star

Re: I need to make an email account on yahoo.com with the same user name as my .co.uk ac

Greetings @Mikegamez

It's unlikely you will be able to do this.  Here's why.  In 2016 Yahoo stopped allowing the creation of new domain-specific email addresses like yahoo.co.uk.  All new email address wiould be Yahoo.com, including new disposable email addresses.  Two things that come from that change is that now you only need to enter your account ID to sign in and that you can only have one active account using this account ID.  You are correct in thinking that you can't create a yahoo.com account since you already have a yahoo.co.uk account.  Another thing that's happened is that Yahoo no longer recycles email addresses so once an address is deleted it can't be reused. 

So if you really need to do what you want then the first you'll need to do is to close your current yahoo.co.uk address.  That means you'd need to create a new Yahoo.com account with a different account ID and direct everything that currently goes that email address to this new email address.  Once you've finished doing and have closed your yahoo.co.uk address then you'll need to wait 12 months for it to be deleted.  Once you can send an email to that email address and you get a bounceback message saying the email can't be delivered because the email address has been deleted you can try to create a Yahoo.com email address using your old account ID.  There is a chance if that email address has never existed that you could sucessful create this account. 

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
4 REPLIES
Highlighted
Mail Pro All-star

@Mikegamez

Yahoo IDs are unique and can not be reused between other Yahoo domains EVER even if account is closed. The only exceptions were the ymail.com and rocketmail.com accounts that are no longer issued. They required the entire email address for sign in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today is Monday, January 07, 2019 and the time is 12:46 pm PST.
In 24 days (January 31. 2019) the Classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available. At that time you'll be upgraded to the newest version of Yahoo Mail or Basic Mail depending on your browser's compatibility.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
'Hoo Recruit

Very many thanks for the reply, that makes sense.

pity I can't make an alias!!

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @Mikegamez

It's unlikely you will be able to do this.  Here's why.  In 2016 Yahoo stopped allowing the creation of new domain-specific email addresses like yahoo.co.uk.  All new email address wiould be Yahoo.com, including new disposable email addresses.  Two things that come from that change is that now you only need to enter your account ID to sign in and that you can only have one active account using this account ID.  You are correct in thinking that you can't create a yahoo.com account since you already have a yahoo.co.uk account.  Another thing that's happened is that Yahoo no longer recycles email addresses so once an address is deleted it can't be reused. 

So if you really need to do what you want then the first you'll need to do is to close your current yahoo.co.uk address.  That means you'd need to create a new Yahoo.com account with a different account ID and direct everything that currently goes that email address to this new email address.  Once you've finished doing and have closed your yahoo.co.uk address then you'll need to wait 12 months for it to be deleted.  Once you can send an email to that email address and you get a bounceback message saying the email can't be delivered because the email address has been deleted you can try to create a Yahoo.com email address using your old account ID.  There is a chance if that email address has never existed that you could sucessful create this account. 

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
'Hoo Recruit

Hi Arthur,

thanks for such an incredibly detailed answer.

I wish I could give you more Kudos.

Many thanks,

Mike