cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

I asked Yahoo to restore my deleted trash emails

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

I asked Yahoo to restore my deleted trash emails

I accidentally deleted all the emails in my trash, so I asked Yahoo to restore them.  I made my request approx. 30 minutes after I deleted them.

Yahoo restored 501 emails, but they only restored those dated through June 8th.  The ones I need were sent and deleted today, June 11th.   Why were the most recently received emails that I received, and then deleted, not restored, too?

Thanks,

pjski27

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: I asked Yahoo to restore my deleted trash emails

Greetings @pjski27

Unfortunately if you're not seeing the emails in the Trash folder after the latest email restore was completed then they were not able to be recovered.  You would need to contact the people that sent them and ask them to forward new copies if you wish to recover them.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @pjski27

It takes time for your emails to be backed up once they are received.  I would guess these emails hadn't been backed up yet so there's nothing to recover.

5 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@pjski27

I performed a manual restore on your account. Take a look at your Trash folder for any recovered emails.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
'Hoo Recruit

Hi; thanks for trying but what I saw when I looked this morning (when I first saw your reply) was exactly the same as what was restored before I wrote on this forum.  Somewhere along the line emails that came in on June 9th, 10th and 11th were not recovered. 

It was emails received on the 11th that I was concerned about.  There are some emails currently in my trash folder dated the 11th, but I put them there after the fact so some are missing.

Paula

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @pjski27

Unfortunately if you're not seeing the emails in the Trash folder after the latest email restore was completed then they were not able to be recovered.  You would need to contact the people that sent them and ask them to forward new copies if you wish to recover them.

'Hoo Recruit

Well, yeah - I kind of figured that, but thanks for confirming.  It's odd that newly received files would be the ones that couldn't be recovered, but it is what it is!

Thanks,

Paula

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @pjski27

It takes time for your emails to be backed up once they are received.  I would guess these emails hadn't been backed up yet so there's nothing to recover.