cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

How to delete spam folder or change settings?

SOLVED
New 'Hoo

How to delete spam folder or change settings?

I am finding over the past 12 months or more that many of my emails are going into spam unessecerily  and may be costing me hundreds if not thousands of $$$ as many potential buyers are filtering through as spam...Most of these are via Gumtree with some getting through to my inbox but others end up in spam...from same senders too... I sent yahoo and Gumtree messages over a year ago with the same issue in the hope it woudl be fixed, but obviously it's too hard for yahoo or gumtree to fix...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Mail Pro All-star

Re: How to delete spam folder or change settings?

@DATT

You can not turn off the spam filter. You can only mark email as spam.

Even though many people use the free Yahoo account for business Yahoo does not want you to. They have added an indemnify clause to their terms to protect them against any problems you have. If due to Yahoo mail problems you lose business Yahoo has no responsibility.

Yahoo scans accounts and can lock ones that it finds are being used for spam. If there is no age the account is treated as belonging to an underage person and is deleted.

If you are running a business professionally you should get a business account. I would not trust a business that is using free email. That is what scammers use. You can get a business website and email for about $10 a month from various companies.

According to the terms of service it actually seems that Yahoo does not allow an account to be used for non personal use.
"Software License. Subject to your continuing compliance with these Terms, Oath grants you a personal, royalty-free, non-transferable, non-assignable, revocable, and non-exclusive license to use the software and APIs provided to you by Oath as part of the Services."

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
1 REPLY
Highlighted
Mail Pro All-star

Re: How to delete spam folder or change settings?

@DATT

You can not turn off the spam filter. You can only mark email as spam.

Even though many people use the free Yahoo account for business Yahoo does not want you to. They have added an indemnify clause to their terms to protect them against any problems you have. If due to Yahoo mail problems you lose business Yahoo has no responsibility.

Yahoo scans accounts and can lock ones that it finds are being used for spam. If there is no age the account is treated as belonging to an underage person and is deleted.

If you are running a business professionally you should get a business account. I would not trust a business that is using free email. That is what scammers use. You can get a business website and email for about $10 a month from various companies.

According to the terms of service it actually seems that Yahoo does not allow an account to be used for non personal use.
"Software License. Subject to your continuing compliance with these Terms, Oath grants you a personal, royalty-free, non-transferable, non-assignable, revocable, and non-exclusive license to use the software and APIs provided to you by Oath as part of the Services."

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.