cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel
Announcements
Mail Community Contest 3 (Jul 29, 2017 - Aug 20, 2017)

How to change the language of the Yahoo Mail interface?

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

How to change the language of the Yahoo Mail interface?

Hi!

How to change the language of the Yahoo Mail interface to ukrainian or russian?

• Desktop Web Mail
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: How to change the language of the Yahoo Mail interface?

Hi there, Currently, the language is based on what country (TOS) the user signed up from when the account was created and can no longer be changed. Thanks.

Please remember to accept the answer as "Accepted Solution" if it satisfies your inquiry. Kudos are highly encouraged too! Cheers! Smiley Happy
13 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

Hi there, Currently, the language is based on what country (TOS) the user signed up from when the account was created and can no longer be changed. Thanks.

Please remember to accept the answer as "Accepted Solution" if it satisfies your inquiry. Kudos are highly encouraged too! Cheers! Smiley Happy
'Hoo Recruit

alexb wrote:

Is there's no way to change the language to English? I just made a new Yahoo account for my student's contact and spent an hour trying to change the language until I found this post.

As a guy who using Yahoo mail for a decade, it's just too confusing reading it with different language, leave alone the weird translation It's just so uncomfortable.

'Hoo Recruit

There will be a possibility of changing the language in the future?

Official 'Hoo Staff

@DoubleX, Not that I know of but I recommend submitting your idea/concern to our feedback forum where it has more visibility from our product team.
Thank you.

'Hoo Recruit

Yahoo mail is more stupid now? Can't change back to English? Wasted my time looking for answer which I didn't need to in those days. 

'Hoo Recruit

I opened my yahoo account nearly 20 years ago in the US.  I have been continually using the english language version throughout years of travel in other countries.  Then a few days ago I stupidly deleted cookies which I guess included the english widget for yahoo.  Now I can't get yahoo back in English, and yahoo help is NO HELP.  

Pro 'Hoo

I don't understand why this feture was removed, when all other mail providers have the change interface language option. Anway even if my ip adrres is diffrent, the yahoo mail opens all pages, including mail, in a language that i've selected a couple of years back.

New 'Hoo

alexb wrote:

I don't understand how this anwser can be a "solution" at all, let alone "accepted solution"... is it supposed to help people to decide on leaving Yahoo mail?

Pro 'Hoo

Dear idiots at Yahoo.  Ever wonder why your company is going bust?  I set up a new email account and it decided for no known reason that I want it in French then won't give an option to change it to English (here's a clue how to get it right, I put a UK contact number and am based in the UK).  What a brilliant feature you total morons, promote the idiot who came up with that game changing idea.  Are you trying to destroy your company on purpose, how crap can you make the user experience?