cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Forwarding my Yahoo emails to another address

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Forwarding my Yahoo emails to another address

I'm struggling to make this work.  I've changed back to the classic mail view and have followed all the instructions to the letter but I'm getting no email verification sent to the address I've requested and when I try again it says it failed to send and to try again in a couple of minutes.  I've been trying various things over the past day but to no avail.  Different browsers, clearing caches etc but nothing seems to work.  Does anyone have any ideas at all?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Forwarding my Yahoo emails to another address

Greetings @peter21

I'm sorry but since ameritech.net is not a email domain that is owned by Yahoo I won't be able to assist you with this issue.  Ameritech.net is a one of the email domains within the AT&T email system so you will need to contact them for assistance in forwarding emails.

Get help with an AT&T, Frontier, Verizon, Rogers, BT, Sky, or Spark account or password - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/sln25426.html

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue
28 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @hartshop

Yahoo Mail Version.JPG

Here's some ideas:

1. Going by the picture above make sure that you did switch back to Classic Mail
  2. What browser are you using? 
  3. Have you tried these browser troubleshooting tips
  4. Are these the email forwarding instructions you are following? 
  5. What is the domain of the email address you are trying to forward your Yahoo email to? 
  6. Can you sign into this account? 
  7. Can you send an email from your Yahoo account to this account? 
  8. Did you receive this email and can you reply to it? 
  9. Did you receive the reply?

'Hoo Recruit

Hi,

Having exactly the same issue here - and made sure, I'm using Classic Mode (can't even find the setting in the new mode). I have tried different browsers, and yes - am logged in.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @arrmo

Since you are having exactly the same issue can you answer the questions that I ask in my last response?

'Hoo Recruit

You bet! Here you go,

1. Going by the picture above make sure that you did switch back to Classic Mail
    • Yep, as noted - Classic Mail. Setting doesn't even exist in new mail.
  2. What browser are you using? 
    • Tried Chrome, and then Edge. Same result.
  3. Have you tried these browser troubleshooting tips
    • Link isn't working here, but I don't see it being the browser ... more on that below.
  4. Are these the email forwarding instructions you are following? 
  5. What is the domain of the email address you are trying to forward your Yahoo email to? 
    • Personal domain ... but I tried others too (like gmail.com). No difference.
  6. Can you sign into this account? 
    • Yep, and that's how I get to the settings. No issue with this.
  7. Can you send an email from your Yahoo account to this account? 
    • Yep.
  8. Did you receive this email and can you reply to it? 
    • Errr ... not sure what this is ... :-).
  9. Did you receive the reply?
    • The key issue ... not getting the verification email. And when I try to click on "from here" (in the message, You cannot forward email to this address until it is verified. If you don't see a confirmation email, try resending it from here) => error message, " We're experiencing some technical difficulties...

We're sorry, but Frontier-Yahoo Mail can't load due to a temporary error. You can try back again shortly, or visit our Help pages for ways to troubleshoot the issue.

Temporary error: 14
      ".

Thanks!

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @arrmo

It's surprising that the links aren't working for you as they work fine on this end.  Give this link a try for forwarding emails.  Try this link for browser troubleshooting tips.  Here's the link for Help files for Frontier Yahoo Mail.  I noticed that you haven't tried the FireFox browser.  Do you have your browsers set to enable cookies? 

I noticed the error message says " We're sorry, but Frontier-Yahoo Mail can't load due to a temporary error" are you using a Yahoo.com account or a Frontier Yahoo account?

If you don't know what question eight is it would help if you showed the question to someone that can explain it to you.

'Hoo Recruit

Hi,

Appreciate the links! Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately .. ;-)) the steps are the same, as is the outcome. I tried another browser too - IE, and yes, they all have cookies enabled. They all give me that error message. In fact, even trying to undo the setting and save => error also. Dang it!

I tried Frontier email, and also Yahoo (though Frontier redirects me to Yahoo). I also followed the steps here, no joy.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/temporary-error-sln3543.html?impressions=true

Thanks!

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @arrmo

I wouldn't use Internet Explorer for Yahoo mail as it's no longer a supported browser.  It may work for some things but not work for other things.  I wouldn't even use Microsoft Edge as it's basically an upgraded version of Internet Explorer.  The browser that seems to have the least issues is Firefox.  What error did you get when you tried to undo the setting?  What I have heard of some people doing is switching from Yahoo Classic to Yahoo Basic and then signing out of your Yahoo account.  Clear the cookies, cache, and autofill information for your browser to make sure you have no old, incorrect, or corrupted information present.  Be sure you select to delete all information as current browsers allow you to delete by date range.  Once you do that close the browser, and then open it again before trying to sign in again.  Sign in using the information in the next article.  Don't use a stored link or a bookmark.

Sign in or out of Yahoo - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail/SLN3407.html?impressions=true 

'Hoo Recruit

OK, I created a brand new Ubuntu Linux virtual machine - 100% clean ... :-). Used Firefox, logged in, switched to Classic mode ... and tried the setting. Exactly the same problem unfortunately. And of course this browser had no cache, etc.

Thoughts?

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @arrmo

That's amazing I was just about to ask you if you were doing this from a Linux machine based on the browsers you were using.  Linux isn't an operating system that Yahoo officially supports.  Right now only Windows and Mac OS are supported so I'd try to find a laptop or desktop running one of these operating systems and give this a try.