cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Forwarding Spam

SOLVED
New 'Hoo

Forwarding Spam

Hello. I have started forwarding my yahoo emails to another account.

I am surprised to see that emails that end up in he yahoo spam folder are getting forwarded to the other account.

Is this the expected behavior ?
Is this configurable ?

I do not want to forward spam emails of possible ...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderatin' 'Hoo

Re: Forwarding Spam

When you opt to forward your mailbox, your entire mailbox will be forwarded to the next address. You can set up fiters in the address your emails were forwarded to in order to mitigate spam in your inbox. Learn more here.

3 REPLIES
Moderatin' 'Hoo

When you opt to forward your mailbox, your entire mailbox will be forwarded to the next address. You can set up fiters in the address your emails were forwarded to in order to mitigate spam in your inbox. Learn more here.

New 'Hoo

Thanks.  I was hoping to leverage the Yahoo spam filters when forwarding, but it appears that this is not how things work.

Mail Pro All-star

When you forward mail everything is sent.

If you use POP3 at the other end to receive mail you do not get the spam.

You can choose either to forward or use POP3 but not both.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.