cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Filters Disappearing

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Filters Disappearing

I had over 40 email filters set up. (the info says one can have up to 1000). They disappeared. I re-did about a dozen, they disappeared. Today I'm doing filters (most are redoing ones that disappeared) and I notice that if I reload the page (once when I renamed folders) or close my browser (because of memory creep) they all disappear again. This is annoying. Sometimes they still filter and others they don't. I can no longer see which filters I have or if they are even still active. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Filters Disappearing

@jasbeattie,

This is a known issue which our engineers are investigating now. In the meantime, you would need to set these filters back up. Once we have a resolution I will be sure to post here in Community. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
10 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Zebeyana you need to press "SAVE" to have any mail settings saved, including filters. 

Answers your question? Accept as Solution!
Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!
Síguenos en Twitter: @YahooMailAyuda

New 'Hoo

I do hit save. I have (had) a list of saved filters on the left. When I reload the page they disappear. If I don't reload the page they work to filter mails. Thanks though.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@Zebeyana

I checked out the account and everything seems to be in order. I was able to create a "Test" filter and reload the page without it disappearing. If needed, I would try clearing the cache in your browser and using a supported web browser like Firefox or Chrome.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
New 'Hoo

I also lost my filters when yahoo switched to the new restore now my mail is a mess. i added 2 back and they seem to stick but i am wondering if they can be restored. i had around 100 filters due to the spam over the years. last set of filtered emails was November 18.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@kaze3000

Filters can't be restored to my knowledge. If you switch back to Classic, are the old filters still there?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
'Hoo Recruit

I had the same problem, however I've been using new Yahoo email for a number of months. As of yesterday, my email started to not be filtered anymore. I checked settings today and all filters were gone? I reverted to classic mail and they are gone there too. Any way to get them back? Where did they even go...? I had about a dozen of them.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@jasbeattie,

Have you noticed this when switching to our New Yahoo Mail? 

If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
'Hoo Recruit

The filters just disappeared as of yesterday but I have been using new yahoo mail for a while. So I’m not sure what happened. I have not made any updates to my settings recently.
Official 'Hoo Staff

@jasbeattie,

This is a known issue which our engineers are investigating now. In the meantime, you would need to set these filters back up. Once we have a resolution I will be sure to post here in Community.