cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

Filters Disappearing

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Filters Disappearing

I had over 40 email filters set up. (the info says one can have up to 1000). They disappeared. I re-did about a dozen, they disappeared. Today I'm doing filters (most are redoing ones that disappeared) and I notice that if I reload the page (once when I renamed folders) or close my browser (because of memory creep) they all disappear again. This is annoying. Sometimes they still filter and others they don't. I can no longer see which filters I have or if they are even still active. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Filters Disappearing

@jasbeattie,

This is a known issue which our engineers are investigating now. In the meantime, you would need to set these filters back up. Once we have a resolution I will be sure to post here in Community. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
10 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Zebeyana you need to press "SAVE" to have any mail settings saved, including filters. 

Answers your question? Accept as Solution!
Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!
Síguenos en Twitter: @YahooMailAyuda

New 'Hoo

I do hit save. I have (had) a list of saved filters on the left. When I reload the page they disappear. If I don't reload the page they work to filter mails. Thanks though.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@Zebeyana

I checked out the account and everything seems to be in order. I was able to create a "Test" filter and reload the page without it disappearing. If needed, I would try clearing the cache in your browser and using a supported web browser like Firefox or Chrome.

New 'Hoo

I also lost my filters when yahoo switched to the new restore now my mail is a mess. i added 2 back and they seem to stick but i am wondering if they can be restored. i had around 100 filters due to the spam over the years. last set of filtered emails was November 18.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@kaze3000

Filters can't be restored to my knowledge. If you switch back to Classic, are the old filters still there?

New 'Hoo

I had the same problem, however I've been using new Yahoo email for a number of months. As of yesterday, my email started to not be filtered anymore. I checked settings today and all filters were gone? I reverted to classic mail and they are gone there too. Any way to get them back? Where did they even go...? I had about a dozen of them.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@jasbeattie,

Have you noticed this when switching to our New Yahoo Mail? 

If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
New 'Hoo

The filters just disappeared as of yesterday but I have been using new yahoo mail for a while. So I’m not sure what happened. I have not made any updates to my settings recently.
Official 'Hoo Staff

@jasbeattie,

This is a known issue which our engineers are investigating now. In the meantime, you would need to set these filters back up. Once we have a resolution I will be sure to post here in Community.