cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Earny, Mail Pro Subscription

SOLVED
Established 'Hoo

Earny, Mail Pro Subscription

I have not enrolled in Earny, nor will I ever.  I am Yahoo Pro mail subscriber and I renew in 2019.  Lately everytime I view a receipt this Earny pop-up appears asking do I want a refund.  What I do not want is Earny.  How do I get rid of it?  I cannot disable it in settings and cannot get rid of the "Purchases" folder.  Ad Free email means ad free email.  How do I accomplish this feat?  

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Earny, Mail Pro Subscription

@MB61

Are you actually seeing a "pop-up" or just an ad at the top of the listing column? If just an ad you can not get rid of it.

If you signed up on the signup page https://mg.mail.yahoo.com/d/EarnyOauth then you will have to cancel it.

Here are the terms of service https://support.earny.co/hc/en-us/articles/218072788-Terms-of-Use

Here is help https://support.earny.co/hc/en-us

I have not been able to find cancel with a quick search.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
Bold 'Hoo

You can't disable it, not for now anyway. You should leave your feedback about it on the link shared above.
Highlighted
Established 'Hoo

The real solution is to cancel my pro subscription after 10 years plus and find an email provider that offers paid email but does not scan my email for the purpose of advertising and in particular for scanning for selling 3rd party products that I do not want under the guise that it is not a banner ad.

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @MB61

This should help you cancel your Yahoo Mail Pro account.  Once you do that your account changes to a free Yahoo account.  Here's how you close your Yahoo account.  Since you are looking for different paid email service providers have you checked Hushmail Premium?  You'll need to read their Terms of Service and their Privacy policy to see it meets your expectations but they appear to offer good customer service options. 

I had seen the Earny pop-up but that's all it is just an offer to create a Earny account to see if you can save money on your purchases by using their service.  When it appears I just close the box and move on.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
11 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

@MB61

I do not think it has anything to do with Yahoo. It may be an add-on that you installed. Check your browser add-ons and delete it if there. Maybe when there are purchases the ad appears and you clicked it.

I also have a purchases folder an I believe they are just pointers to certain emails that are purchases from known companies. I have never seen Earny but that may be because I have no purchases.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
Established 'Hoo

@Barkley_Hound, thanks for the reply. 

Facebook notice from Yahoo Mail on April 11.

👉Have you heard about our new Mail feature? 👉 Price protection on purchases. Basically, we’ll help you stay on top of your shopping game so you can score some big-time savings! *Link Removed - See the community guidelines for more information.*

This is being floated as notification of a feature instead of the advertising and data mining that it is.  I pay to not be bothered with this ad crap.  Right now, Yahoo scans my email and sends pop-ups saying use Earny to get refunds for overpaying.  You can get his much back (sounds like Earny is already scanning).  I have not signed Earny's agreement.  There is no way to opt out even though I am paying to be left alone.

Mail Pro All-star

@MB61

Are you actually seeing a "pop-up" or just an ad at the top of the listing column? If just an ad you can not get rid of it.

If you signed up on the signup page https://mg.mail.yahoo.com/d/EarnyOauth then you will have to cancel it.

Here are the terms of service https://support.earny.co/hc/en-us/articles/218072788-Terms-of-Use

Here is help https://support.earny.co/hc/en-us

I have not been able to find cancel with a quick search.

Established 'Hoo

Thanks again @Barkley_Hound.

I have not signed up with Earny nor will I.   This is a complimentary annoyance provided by Yahoo.  There is at least one other post here about it, so at least I know it is not just me.  It comes up as a form of pop-up. There is no solution there either.  Support sent me the email response below which makes little sense.  I have written them back.

"Hello

Thank you for contacting Yahoo Billing.

I can understand that you would like to stop Earny business, I'd like to help you with the same.

As I have took a look at your account, you  have yearly active subscription.

I'd like to informed you that you are not Yahoo Mail Pro subscription is only for removing ads from your inbox. 

Yahoo Mail is a free service made possible by marketing ads. When you purchase Mail Pro from a computer, you'll get the following for the account you subscribe with:

• An ad free mail experience on both desktop and mobile.
  • Customer support for any billing issues.

I hope the information I've provided to you will be helpful. Please let me know if you have further question I'll be happy to address them."

Mail Pro All-star

@MB61

My guess is the sole purpose of the "purchases" folder was to make money off of products like that. If you do not open the purchases folder does the problem still occur?

New 'Hoo

I am having the same issue.  It's really annoying.  I may just dump the Yahoo mail client if it's not something I can disable.

Unhappy Customer.

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @LesleyLur

You can let Yahoo know how you feel about this issue by providing feedback.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
Bold 'Hoo

You can't disable it, not for now anyway. You should leave your feedback about it on the link shared above.
Highlighted
Established 'Hoo

The real solution is to cancel my pro subscription after 10 years plus and find an email provider that offers paid email but does not scan my email for the purpose of advertising and in particular for scanning for selling 3rd party products that I do not want under the guise that it is not a banner ad.