cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Delete freezing

'Hoo Recruit

Delete freezing

Am attempting to delete mass number of emails. Was able to delete about 1/2 of them and remove the trash but now they return after deleting and the inbox/folder freezes and the inbox count doesn't change. I've gone to settings cleared cache, turned conversations off. I am on classic, I have no storage to upgrade.
Tags (2)
8 REPLIES
Highlighted
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Delete freezing

@Kab1

How many are you trying to delete at once? Is it lest than 10k?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
'Hoo Recruit

I've selected as many as 450 previously. And it says trash empty but when I go back to inbox to select more for deletion it only shows a few emails and then freezes trying to display them all. When I go back to trash some will show up but when I select to remove them it feeezes. I have over 6k emails, when I started trying to clean it up I had over 14k so I'm down to a little less than half.
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Kab1

Yahoo Mail lets you flush up to 10k at a time, so 450 shouldn't be a problem. What web browser are you using and what steps did you take to clear the cache?

'Hoo Recruit

Chrome and I go into settings in yahoo mail and select clear cache
Moderatin' 'Hoo

@Kab1

What browser are you using? 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Check out the "Known issues and updates" boards for the latest details.
'Hoo Recruit

Now it shows my inbox at 6900+ but when I view to select it only shows me no more than 15 or so. I select them to delete and it deletes and says your inbox is empty, shows trash empty message also after deleting those 15 from trash. Is it possible someone can go in and systematically delete all of my mail?
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Kab1

Unfortunately, we can't delete your email for you. Did you try the method I posted here?

'Hoo Recruit

I was able to do that when I first started the mass delete. After I had deleted over 1/2 of my emails and trash it freezes at the clock when trying to display the remaining emails. It will no longer display more than 15 or so emails and if I attempt to refresh to display the remaining 6k+ it displays the clock and simply will not move past that. If i exit out and go back in, it shows your inbox is empty. I am attempting this on my mobile using chrome