cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Default country changed from USA to Canda

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Default country changed from USA to Canda

Not sure what happened recently since the past 2-3 weeks - My yahoo account has been set up and tagged as from the US since 1999. But recently, once i sign-in or sign-out, it shows up as a Canada account and then goes to the Canada news site.

It seems that there is no way i can change this. I last visited Canada 2 years ago.

I have tried this on several different machines and use Private browsing so no cache/cookies get stored - but to be sure i tried clearing those as well, to no avail.

Can yahoo set my default country back to US?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Default country changed from USA to Canda

@aptcloe

Looking at the account, you agreed to the Terms of Service in Canada. Were you up there recently, around the time we updated our Terms?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
9 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@aptcloe,

Where do you normally access the account? 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
'Hoo Recruit

99% of the time in NJ, USA.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@aptcloe

I checked out the account and everything seems to be working fine. The page was showing the US Yahoo News site. If needed, take a look at the browser troubleshooting steps in this post to see if that fixes the issue.

'Hoo Recruit

Hi Scootermobile - thanks for looking into this; however, i have some not so good results. It certainly does not have to do with the browser. I logged into the account in another state with another ISP, but again it opened the mail as yahoo canada & when i logged out it exited at the canada website; so i'm thinking it has got to do with something chaning at the yahoo end internally!

'Hoo Recruit

And to add to my previous post - it was a different browser and different PC altogehter.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@aptcloe

Looking at the account, you agreed to the Terms of Service in Canada. Were you up there recently, around the time we updated our Terms?

'Hoo Recruit

Hi Scootermobile

The last time i visited Canada was April 2016.

This change in defauly country is since last month.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@aptcloe,

Sorry for the dealy=, we have asked engineering to take a further look. Once we have a resolution we will be sure to post here in Community. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
New 'Hoo

I have been having this challenge, too.  While I have been in Canada with my laptop (and not since 2015), this desktop computer has never been in Canada.  I see the question was most recently answered in May.  I'm am very anxious to see the results of your findings.