cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Cannot switch to new yahoo mail

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Cannot switch to new yahoo mail

Dear All ,

Good day ,

I need urgent help Smiley Mad  few days ago , I switch my mail from new version to old one . now in this version all my archived email and folders destroyed . the worst happening is I can not switch tonew version . I push the botton ( switch to new version ) but nothing happens . please help .

Thanks .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Cannot switch to new yahoo mail

Greetings @mahya6879

Unlinking one account from another account won't delete the emails in the account.  When you link an account you are actually seeing a copy of the link account so you unlinking just removes the copy.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
5 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @mahya6879

Yahoo Mail Version.JPG

Basic Mail

Yahoo Basic Toolbar 800.jpg

Is this question about a Yahoo account ending in Yahoo.com, an ATT account (att.net, sbcglobal.net, bellsouth.net, etc.), or some other account?

Are you posting this question from the account having this issue?  Are you viewing this account from a laptop, desktop, phone, or tablet?  What browser or app are you using to do this?  What version of Yahoo mail are you using?  Have you tried these browser troubleshooting tips?

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
'Hoo Recruit

Dear Arthurdent , 

Thanks for your reply ,

Please find my response as following :

Is this question about a Yahoo account ending in Yahoo.com, an ATT account (att.net, sbcglobal.net, bellsouth.net, etc.), or some other account? my account ends to .net 

Are you posting this question from the account having this issue? Yes   Are you viewing this account from a laptop, desktop, phone, or tablet? I tryied to sign in from PC , and laptop . the problem is the same . but in mobile phone I do not have such a problem .  What browser or app are you using to do this? I tried via chrome and firefox.  What version of Yahoo mail are you using? at the moment is basic . Have you tried these browser troubleshooting tips? Yesss . nothing changed 

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @mahya6879

Do you happen to have Yahoo Small Business services linked to this account?  Others that have an ATT account and can't switch the new version of Yahoo Mail have discovered they had their account linked to a Yahoo Small Business account.  The New Mail isn't currently available for these accounts.  You would need to unlink the Small Business account before you will be able to switch to the New Mail.

'Hoo Recruit

Thanks for your reply .

The question which comes  up , if I unlink my email , Do all the history and emails will be deleted ?

Best Regards ,

Mahya

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @mahya6879

Unlinking one account from another account won't delete the emails in the account.  When you link an account you are actually seeing a copy of the link account so you unlinking just removes the copy.