cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Account nickname again for @Barkley_Hound

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Account nickname again for @Barkley_Hound

@Barkley_Hound, the reply link was disabled on my previous post so I had to make this new one.

I did read your previous email where the nickname is not changed in the Personal Info setting, which is why I also mentioned the mailbox settings but I should've clearly stated that I followed the directions on how to change the Sending Name. My name is set up as MarissaH but for some reason, it keeps showing up as "Me," which is a nickname that I used long ago. Is there any other place I need to change it? I don't think it's a cache issue because I cleared it on each browser that I use but it still happens. Even if I email someone I hadn't emailed before, replies come back as being from "Me" instead of "MarissaH."

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Account nickname again for @Barkley_Hound

It may be picking it up from a contact card. Everyone has their own set so any changes you make only affect what you see.

Create a new email and start entering your address in the TO box. When your name appears on the dropdown list hover over it and click the X that appears. This must be done in classic mail.

If the name does not appear with the address then try "m" to get "me" to appear.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.

Starting January 31, 2019 the Classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available. At that time you'll be upgraded to the newest version of Yahoo Mail or Basic Mail depending on your browser's compatibility.
2 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

It may be picking it up from a contact card. Everyone has their own set so any changes you make only affect what you see.

Create a new email and start entering your address in the TO box. When your name appears on the dropdown list hover over it and click the X that appears. This must be done in classic mail.

If the name does not appear with the address then try "m" to get "me" to appear.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.

Starting January 31, 2019 the Classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available. At that time you'll be upgraded to the newest version of Yahoo Mail or Basic Mail depending on your browser's compatibility.
'Hoo Recruit

I couldn't get my contact card that uses "Me" to appear but I do thank you for your help. I think the people I reply to will have to follow these steps on their end to get rid of "Me." ;-)