Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Playoffs Glitch

SOLVED
Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Playoffs Glitch

Okay so I have 8 teams in my league and now that the first week is over, there are 4 teams left right now. However, even though one of the teams had ten more points than the team they were matched up against, the losing team advanced to the final four for some reason. Every other matchup the team with more points on the week advanced. Also the team that "lost" was ranked third and the team that advances was ranked seventh. Its not fair that he won but did not advance and I have no idea how to fix this. Can anyone help?
  • Fantasy iOS App
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Playoffs Glitch

Hi @Dimitrimitros

The issue here is that the goalie minimum was not met. This setting has been enabled since the season started, and it makes no difference between regular season, or playoffs. The app is still a work in progress when it comes to clarifying this issue, but it doesn't change the fact that the manager failed to meet the requirement selected by the commissioner when the league was created.

If you go to the full website, and look at the week 21 matchup, you'll see the 'minimum not met' note, above the roster in red.

There's the potential that the setting could be updated to either zero, or 2, so that the playoff matchups work the way you want them to, and Brian advances. BUT, know that changing the setting will reverse any past enforcement of the setting, which can/will alter scoring for past matchups, and potentially the final standings.

The implication is this - if the setting is altered, and past scoring/records change - someone who just finished round 1 of playoffs, and potentially won, could find themselves in a different matchup, one they lose. So we could fix Brian's Team, but it may come at the cost of pushing another team down & out of the playoffs. It may also mean that Brian plays a different team, one where he still loses, and doesn't make week 2 of playoff anyway.

Administratin' 'Hoo

Hi @Dimitrimitros,

We updated the league after we noticed you updated the goalie minimum. You should be good to go!

If you see any helpful posts, give that member a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
15 REPLIES
Sports All-star

@Dimitrimitros

Post your league number and team names involved.

Did the losing team meet the minimum number of appearances by their Gs?

Pro 'Hoo

Post the league number and teams involved where? His team clearly had ten more points but on desktop for some reason it says he lost. Everyones phones say that he had more points and we even added the points up and he should have won. Even if he didnt have the maximum nunber of goalies that shouldnt make him lose? Thats unfair, one of his goalies was dtd all week.
Pro 'Hoo

Also the team that beat him didnt set his lineup all week, doesnt have the app anymore and doesnt care about the league and he won just because the other team didn't want to drop Gibson or Crawford.... silly rule i had no idea it existed
Official 'Hoo Staff

Hi @Dimitrimitros

The issue here is that the goalie minimum was not met. This setting has been enabled since the season started, and it makes no difference between regular season, or playoffs. The app is still a work in progress when it comes to clarifying this issue, but it doesn't change the fact that the manager failed to meet the requirement selected by the commissioner when the league was created.

If you go to the full website, and look at the week 21 matchup, you'll see the 'minimum not met' note, above the roster in red.

There's the potential that the setting could be updated to either zero, or 2, so that the playoff matchups work the way you want them to, and Brian advances. BUT, know that changing the setting will reverse any past enforcement of the setting, which can/will alter scoring for past matchups, and potentially the final standings.

The implication is this - if the setting is altered, and past scoring/records change - someone who just finished round 1 of playoffs, and potentially won, could find themselves in a different matchup, one they lose. So we could fix Brian's Team, but it may come at the cost of pushing another team down & out of the playoffs. It may also mean that Brian plays a different team, one where he still loses, and doesn't make week 2 of playoff anyway.

Pro 'Hoo

Thank you for taking the time to help out, i dont think it has changed the matchups unfortunately
Sports All-star

@Dimitrimitros

The match ups won't change unless the commish takes action.  Yahoo! isn't changing anything.

If the commish DOES change the settings, it will apply to the entire season and could dramatically affect who makes the playoffs and in what position.

Official 'Hoo Staff

I made no changes - changes are only processed upon commish request. Once requested, I have to verify you as commissioner of the league before I can edit a setting.

If you'd like me to edit the setting, I can do that, but you have to reply back & specifically request that I edit the setting, and what you want the new setting to be.

If you do want to request it, reply back here with the request, then temporarily edit your team name to 'Edit Minimum' (easiest way for me to confirm you as commish).

Pro 'Hoo

I'm the commissioner and every one makes the playoffs regardless of standings. Does it take 24 hours to change? Thats kinda silly if it take that long
Official 'Hoo Staff

Basically, we re-update the entire league from Day 1 of regular season. The process takes 5-15 minutes to run & complete once started.