cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel
Announcements
LIVE: Sports Community Contest 5 - Top Solution (6/9/17 - 6/22/17)

why cant people join my league?

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

why cant people join my league?

I have an auto-renew league and played with the same people for years.  When I send invites to bring all the teams back, everyone gets a message that says the league is full, however I am the only one in the league right now, I have double checked all the settings.  Why cant teams return to my league?  please help and how do I get in contact with yahoo over this issue?

• Fantasy Football
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: why cant people join my league?

@cdawg

It sounds like the invites that you are sending are 'new team' invites. Once a league is renewed with returning teams, managers should only need to sign into Yahoo Fantasy Sports, and access fantasy football - their team should be listed, and all they have to do is access it. No invite needs to be accepted.

What's happening is that your league is set to X number of teams, and you have that many returning managers. Each renewed team is basically a pending spot in the league, so no new teams can be created - it's already full. The error is because managers are attempting to create a new team vs. logging in and accessing the already renewed team.

@deemarr2x2 's suggestion will work, but it will break the link to keepers and/or traded draft picks if your league uses those.

If you're still running into issues, post the league ID#, and I'll take a look.

5 REPLIES
Sports All-star

@cdawg this happened to my league too. theoretically if you auto renewed, all teams are in your league. do you see on your league page team names/managers/mangers emails/invite link? what do you see?  managers from last year are taking up space for your league if you auto renewed to make this sound simple. my response from yahoo was when sending out invites, it messes up the code so no one can join. the suggestion was to start a new league i believe. what i did though was expand the number of teams who can join the league and then invited members using the league LINK. they got in that way. afterwards i deleted their previous team name. doing this won't save previous years' stats though. i know this stinks. gl!

Official 'Hoo Staff

@cdawg

It sounds like the invites that you are sending are 'new team' invites. Once a league is renewed with returning teams, managers should only need to sign into Yahoo Fantasy Sports, and access fantasy football - their team should be listed, and all they have to do is access it. No invite needs to be accepted.

What's happening is that your league is set to X number of teams, and you have that many returning managers. Each renewed team is basically a pending spot in the league, so no new teams can be created - it's already full. The error is because managers are attempting to create a new team vs. logging in and accessing the already renewed team.

@deemarr2x2 's suggestion will work, but it will break the link to keepers and/or traded draft picks if your league uses those.

'Hoo Recruit

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/29557.  I am not sure, I will tell them to just join then but in the league it doesnt show the teams there already, so mayb

JakeFratteli wrote:

@cdawg

e I screwed up something?  I have custome settings and I really do not want to start over

Official 'Hoo Staff

Thanks for the details @cdawg

I looked at the league, and it looks like the league was renewed vs. auto-renewed. Auto-renew is when teams are automatically recreated. Renew is only a renewal of the league, without the re-creation of teams. The difference is that with renewal, they team must accept the email invite in order to access the team again vs. just signing into the league.

Try this - on the league home 'League' tab, scroll down to the 'League Members' list. To the right is a little alarm clock icon 'Send reminder to all unrenewed teams'. Select the option, and confirm the reminder.

Teams should then be able to use the link in the reminder email to then rejoin the league. I'll check back tomorrow, and if by end of day there's still no newly renewed teams, I'll escalate with engineering to take a look at the league.

'Hoo Recruit

thank you, you are my hero.  I am being told by sevral members that when they click the link to join, they get a message that says the league is full and they can't join.  I will try what you said though