cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel
Announcements
Some draft emails are missing from the Drafts folder. We're working to fix this as soon as possible. Learn more

Replying to message changes formatting

Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Replying to message changes formatting

I have used Yahoo's desktop e-mail for years, and have always sent messages in plain text.  As of two days ago, when I hit the reply button to respond to an incoming plain-text message, it's being converted to rich text.  Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

(Yes, I know there's a button at the bottom to convert it back to plain text, but that completely screws up the formatting - it adds in all kinds of blank lines and weird spacing, and is a pain in the neck to deal with.)

Does anyone know how to stop this unwanted conversion?  I've checking the Settings area, but didn't see anything there.

• Desktop Web Mail
4 REPLIES
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: Replying to message changes formatting

Did anything else change? Does it look different? It could be that the version you're using uses rich-text by default, which is why you'd have to switch each time.

Did we help you today? Did another customer? Use the 'accepted solution' button to let everyone know! You can also give 'kudos' if you agree with someone's post or appreciate their input. Points are awarded for giving and receiving these. Contest are held regularly too! Check out the 'Known Issue' boards for the latest details.
Pro 'Hoo

EchoSanders,

I haven't changed anything.  This is the same version I've been using since the "neo" version was forced upon us a few years ago.  Saturday morning I responded to an e-mail, and everything was the same as it's always been: the Reply To button brought up the response message in plain text.  Saturday night, it brought up the response message in rich text.

I had hoped it was a momentary glitch, but it's still doing this unwanted conversion.

Administratin' 'Hoo

@wcjan - This could be a browser issue. Here's some troubleshooting to try.

Did we help you today? Did another customer? Use the 'accepted solution' button to let everyone know! You can also give 'kudos' if you agree with someone's post or appreciate their input. Points are awarded for giving and receiving these. Contest are held regularly too! Check out the 'Known Issue' boards for the latest details.
Pro 'Hoo

@EchoSanders  With the exception of disabling the antivirus program, I'd already done the other things suggested (clearing the cache, restarting the computer, etc).  If I'd made some kind of changes to my computer, browser, etc between Saturday morning and Saturday night, I could understand how all of the suggested steps could help, but no changes were made.  I will try disabling the antivirus tonight and report back, but I'm not hopeful.