cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Why can't I search the SPAM folder?

SOLVED
Highlighted

Why can't I search the SPAM folder?

Hi All,

I have found a few expected emails in my SPAM. I know that, going forward, I can add the senders to my address box to ensure that emails from these senders end up in my Inbox. But I would like to find all of the wanted emails in the SPAM folder so that I can archive them properly. My first step was to perform a search in "All Mail", but it won't return results from SPAM. When I try to limit the search to the SPAM folder, it is NOT an option. So, how do I quickly find all the emails from a particular sender that were misclassified to SPAM in order to move them to my Inbox em masse? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Why can't I search the SPAM folder?

Greetings larryjhere

Yahoo has excluded that folder and the Trash folder from their Search feature.  The best you can currently do is to open the folder and sort by Sender, Subject, or Date.  If you believe Yahoo should include the Spam folder in searches you can post that suggestion on the feedback board.

Feedback on Yahoo Mail - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/sln15846.html

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
4 REPLIES
New 'Hoo

Same question.  Anyone have a response?

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings larryjhere

Yahoo has excluded that folder and the Trash folder from their Search feature.  The best you can currently do is to open the folder and sort by Sender, Subject, or Date.  If you believe Yahoo should include the Spam folder in searches you can post that suggestion on the feedback board.

Feedback on Yahoo Mail - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-desktop/sln15846.html

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
New 'Hoo

this is NOT solved

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @fffffff

Please explain why you feel this is NOT solved.