cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Mailer-daemon for emails i didnt send

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Mailer-daemon for emails i didnt send

I received 2 mailer-daemon failure notice for emails i know I didn't sent to recipients I don't recognize. I noticed them after havimg to relog into yahoo on my phone and i never log off. I checked recent activity under account info and it only showed my phone and didn't even show the 2 tiles I logged in on a library computer this past month. Was i hacked? Is there a way to find out when and where those emails were sent?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Mailer-daemon for emails i didnt send

@Vegasbear2004,

I would recommend checking and securing your account further following the steps provided here

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
2 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Vegasbear2004,

I would recommend checking and securing your account further following the steps provided here

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Mail All-star

You were not hacked.  The spammers manually enter your address in the REPLY in order to fool the spam filters.  The recipient can check the Header to find out who really sent them.  i don't know if you can do that with a Daemon message.