cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Emails not delivering from group emails (groups around 60)

'Hoo Recruit

Emails not delivering from group emails (groups around 60)

I am trying to help fix my grandmothers accounts.  For years she has sent prayer requests to the same group of people.  In the last 2 months, issues with these emails have begun to arise.  Sometimes there are weird messages, but for the most part, many of the emails just aren't being delivered. When she learned of this, she resent several of the emails multiple times (within a single day thinking the email didn't go out at all) before talking to me about it (she knows nothing about spam and didn't realize this could make things worse).    I am on this list and haven't recieved any of the last 3 she sent out but they aren't showing up in my spam folder either, I just don't get them.  I do still get single emails (if she is only emailing me and not in the group).  

When I print out the emails I see some of the emails have suddenly been duplicated in the lists (I deleted the whole list and recreated a new one to fix this problem).  I think it is possible that somehow these are being filtered through somekind of spam filter at yahoo (maybe in their servers).  I have written yahoo twice to ask for help.  I can't find a phone number I can call while I am with her.  Do any of you have tips/tricks I can try to get her email working smoothly again.

Thanks all!!

Tags (4)
7 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Emails not delivering from group emails (groups around 60)

@angeltheliel

Yahoo mail is free and for personal use. Trying to send to a large mailing list will be a problem. Yahoo recommends that you create a Yahoo Group. You can then post something and it gets sent to all the members.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
'Hoo Recruit

Barkly, Thank you so much for the advice. This is a 70 year old woman who will not be able to navigate groups. This is absolutely personal use. She sending out requests to family members for prayers about other family members. As one of 12 siblings and she has over 30 neices/nephews (not counting spouses) 50 grand children and so many close friends......this list of 60 is honestly just her prayer warriors when someone is having surgery or involved in an emergency. This is truely just personal emails. She's been sending these out for as long as shes been using email but something has changed in the last three months that is locking her up.

I do comprehend your point and in an ideal world i would have her set up a Facebook group or something but that's just way beyond her capacity. Since Yahoo has been her provider for years there has to be a way to fix it.

I did break her group into 2 and tell her shed have to send the email in a batch of 2.

Anything else i can do?

Desprite to help grandma.

Thanks again for any thoughts.
'Hoo Recruit

@Barkley_Hound , Thank you so much for the advice. This is a 70 year old woman who will not be able to navigate groups. This is absolutely personal use. She sending out requests to family members for prayers about other family members. As one of 12 siblings and she has over 30 neices/nephews (not counting spouses) 50 grand children and so many close friends......this list of 60 is honestly just her prayer warriors when someone is having surgery or involved in an emergency. This is truely just personal emails. She's been sending these out for as long as shes been using email but something has changed in the last three months that is locking her up.

I do comprehend your point and in an ideal world i would have her set up a Facebook group or something but that's just way beyond her capacity. Since Yahoo has been her provider for years there has to be a way to fix it.

I did break her group into 2 and tell her shed have to send the email in a batch of 2.

Anything else i can do?

Desprite to help grandma.

Thanks again for any thoughts.
Highlighted
Official 'Hoo Staff

@angeltheliel

There's not much we can do as the anti-spam filter is completely automatic.

This article has some tips and things to avoid when sending emails: Suspicious activity detected while sending email

Answers your question? Accept as Solution!
Spanish speaker? ¡Conviértete en un usuario Superstar participando en la #ComunidadYahoo!
Síguenos en Twitter: @YahooMailAyuda

'Hoo Recruit

I understand its all automatic. I jyst need to understand the rules its using so I can jave get play by them. Can you tell me what the magic number of people it uses? Can she send to 40 or 30 without hitting the spam filter?

Cortney
Mail Pro All-star

@angeltheliel

You will just have to make smaller mailings and do it over a period of days.

There is no published limit. It is all based on usage by each user.

BTW: 70 is not old. I am 75 and can easily navigate groups and help in this forum.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
'Hoo Recruit

@Barkley_Hound my apologies her age (and thus yours) wasnt meant to be an insult but rather an indication of a generation that either embraces technology easy or does not. She is in the later catagory and struggles. I'm simply trying to help her do something she feels very strongly about using a medium (email) shes comfortable with not insult anyone. Thank you for your response.