cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Español (Spanish) and 中文 (Chinese).

Icon for contacts not working

SOLVED
Highlighted
New 'Hoo

Icon for contacts not working

Each time I click the contacts icon within Yahoo mail from my Safari browser it reopens mail instead.  I tried using another browser (Firefox) and get the same issue - mail keeps reopening instead of contacts.  Is this a known issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Icon for contacts not working

This issue should be fixed now. If you're still having trouble, take a look at the browser troubleshooting steps in this post to resolve any lingering problems.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
34 REPLIES
New 'Hoo

Cannot get to my yahoo contacts

Hi - 

When I am in email on my laptop and I sign into yahoo mail, I click on the "contacts" icon on the upper left (near calendar, notes etc) and it just takes me back to may mailbox.

Any ideas?  I know i have contacts as i can see them when i access via my ipad.....

T

bg4
Established 'Hoo

Re: Cannot get to my yahoo contacts

same here

New 'Hoo

When I click contacts in my Yahoo mail, it goes right back to my email page without even refreshing.  Can you fix the link???  I need to add some contacts to my account.

Tags (1)
New 'Hoo

I have been 'weeding' my contact list for several days. On 5/15/2018, after 7 pm Eastern Time, when I click on the link to access the contact list - the system opens a new window, but it is simply another mail window, not the contacts list. 

'Hoo Recruit

Cannot get to my contact list

I click the contact icon and it takes me back to my inbox. help!!

New 'Hoo

Re: Cannot get to my contact list

Same here. Instead I get the general email page. Also, when trying to send e-mails I am prompted to zillions of unknown addresses but not getting half of my own contacts. Anyone at Yahoo working to fix this?

'Hoo Recruit

Same problem!! Please fix this Yahoo!

'Hoo Recruit

Same problem!! Please fix this Yahoo!

New 'Hoo

Same here. When I click the contacts icon it goes back to my inbox, this while using my Firefox browser, but when I access my mail and contacts through my Internet Explorer browser I don't have that problem. I can access my contacts. Personally I think it has something to do with Yahoo not liking me using an Ad Blocker on my Firefox browser, but who knows, it's probably just a temporay Yahoo malfuction.