cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Mail Community Contest 4 (Oct 23, 2017 - Nov 19, 2017)

Delete Contacts from Contact List Issue

SOLVED
Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Delete Contacts from Contact List Issue

I have a contact list established and two people on the list needed to be removed.  I went into the contact list and I deleted the contacts from the contact list and my overall contacts.  The Yahoo Contact List says it has 17 people in the contact list.  I then go to create an email.  I type in the contact list name and it comes up 19 contacts.  The two people deleted still appear. 

I tried deleting the contacts from my suggestions.  This didn't help.  These two extra contacts now do not appear anywhere in my contacts or in my suggestions.  I deleted them days ago so this isn't just a give it some time problem.  This looks like a software bug.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Delete Contacts from Contact List Issue

@dc-hiker,

I have re-synced contacts and everything should now be displaying properly. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
18 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@dc-hiker,

I have re-synced contacts and everything should now be displaying properly. 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo!
If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Pro 'Hoo

That did fix the issue.  But it leaves me in mystery what I should do if it happens again.  

Pro 'Hoo

So now I add another contact to the list.  And the new contact doesn't appear when writing an email to the list.  Yahoo contacts shouldn't be full of bugs like this that requires me to post complaints to make it work.  

Official 'Hoo Staff

@dc-hiker

Sorry to know about that. I asked engineering to take a look on the backend. Please try again in 2/3 hours and let us know if any issue persists with your contacts.

Helpful post? Give a Kudo!
Answers your question? Accept as Solution!
Do you speak spanish? ¡Encuentra soluciones en la #ComunidadYahoo en español!

Pro 'Hoo

I guess its sort of working now.  There is a very long (hours) latency between making an addition or a subtraction from the contact list and it actually appearing correctly when one writes an email to the list.  

Not something I would proud of if I worked at Yahoo.  It's very unsatisfying.  It's making me shop around for a new email product.

Official 'Hoo Staff

@dc-hiker

Changes in Contact Lists should take effect immediately. The latency you experienced is not the expected behavior.

Apologies for any inconvenience but good to know that's all sorted!

Helpful post? Give a Kudo!
Answers your question? Accept as Solution!
Do you speak spanish? ¡Encuentra soluciones en la #ComunidadYahoo en español!

New 'Hoo

Contacts deleted from Contact List

I have contacts that suddenly drop off my lists  (both Family and Friends)  This happened once before.  When I look at the contacs and click on the list they show up, but when I type the list name, several drop off.  A few of them were not longer on the list (though I did not remove them) and a few are there but still don't show.

Very frustrating - I have used these lists for months and suddenly they are broken.

Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Contacts deleted from Contact List

@pattystolz

To clarify, when you type contact lists in the To field, not all of the names are populating? I ran some maintenance on the account to try and fix this for you.

Pro 'Hoo

There is absolutely nothing immediate about adding or deleting contacts from the list and it appearing correctly when you use the list in an email.  

I would greatly appreciate if Yahoo could make the product work.