cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Can't Add Contacts

SOLVED
New 'Hoo

Can't Add Contacts

I cannot add a contact. I get the message "Sorry, an unknown error has occurred. Please try again. If the issue persists, please contact customer care."

On the same computer and browser, I access a different yahoo account and when signed on that yahoo account I am able to add contacts successfuly. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Can't Add Contacts

@DaisyLee

I checked out the account and everything seems to be working fine. I was able to add a TEST contact without any trouble. If needed, take a look at the browser troubleshooting steps in this post to see if that fixes the issue.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
5 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

@DaisyLee

I checked out the account and everything seems to be working fine. I was able to add a TEST contact without any trouble. If needed, take a look at the browser troubleshooting steps in this post to see if that fixes the issue.

Established 'Hoo

Yes, I am also failing in adding contacts. Rather I am not able to see any of the conacts

@DaisyLee wrote:

I cannot add a contact. I get the message "Sorry, an unknown error has occurred. Please try again. If the issue persists, please contact customer care."

On the same computer and browser, I access a different yahoo account and when signed on that yahoo account I am able to add contacts successfuly. 

Official 'Hoo Staff

@ashooke

I was also able to add a TEST contact to your Address Book as well. Check out the troubleshooting steps I posted above to see if that helps.

New 'Hoo

I cannot add contacts nor even see the contact list. When I click on the CONTACT icon in the upper right of the screen, another screen briefly appears and then the list of emails is displayed again.

Highlighted
Official 'Hoo Staff

@Old_Soldier

Amy luck if you try these troubleshooting steps?