cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Auto- Suggestion showing emails address i deleted from email history and contac

'Hoo Recruit

Auto- Suggestion showing emails address i deleted from email history and contac

Deleted email addresses phone auto suggestion on Yahoo Mail on the web. Email addresses not showing in contacts and emails have been completed deleted from my email account. When using Yahoo Mail App email addresses still show up for auto suggestion. How do i remove these email accounts from showing on Yahoo Mail. Uninstalled app and reinstalled. Deleted auto input from phone still shows.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES
Official 'Hoo Staff

Re: Auto- Suggestion showing emails address i deleted from email history and contac

@abderdogan

Do the contacts in question show up in your phone's Contact list/app? You can submit feedback to our team about this, if nothing else. Just use the Feedback link in the app.

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
Highlighted
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Auto- Suggestion showing emails address i deleted from email history and contac

@abderdogan

Yahoo maintains 2 lists of contacts that are used for automatic completion.

1. There is your contact or address book which you create. You can quickly see them by clicking the word "TO" when composing an email. You can also go to contacts by clicking here or the address book icon. Nothing is automatically added to the address book unless you check the option in writing email settings.

2. There are contact cards which Yahoo creates. Details are below.
The Contact Card name list appears when you type a few letters into the TO box. They can be deleted by clicking the X that appears. Deleting has no effect on your address book.

Contact Card details are shown when hovering over a FROM or TO name in sent or received email. You can also just enter the complete address in the TO field while composing and then hover over the name. You can edit this info by clicking the three dots in the box lower left. This is currently only available in Classic mail.

The data is extracted from various sources such as your email, address book, and Linkedin. You can block Linkedin as indicated below. This includes any photo that may be associated with an email. If the information is incorrect you can click the dots in the lower left of the contact card and pick the option to change it. It only saves them for yourself and may ask if you want to add to your address book. I know of no way to directly update the photo. To remove it you must delete the card as indicate above.

If someone else displays the wrong information then it indicates that their contact cards and/or address book contain bad information. They can also click the dots to update it for themselves. There is no universal way for you to correct what is displayed elsewhere.

TO BLOCK LINKEDIN
Click on "me" at the top of the page next to your avatar.
Click "settings & privacy".
Click "partners and services".
Click "permitted services".
If Yahoo is listed then click "remove".

NOTE: No other social sites can be linked but if they were in the past the information may already have been extracted. Yahoo is currently working on updates to the system.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today is Wednesday, January 9, 2019 and the time is 7:14 am PST.
In 22 days (January 31. 2019) the Classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available. At that time you'll be upgraded to the newest version of Yahoo Mail or Basic Mail depending on your browser's compatibility.

Feel free to reply if my question or answer is not clear. Include @Barkley_Hound in the post.
I do not work for Yahoo and my postings are just my opinion based on experience.
'Hoo Recruit

Hello
The contact in question doesn’t exist in my Contact list. The problem is that the contact shown up in search box.
Thanks
Official 'Hoo Staff

@abderdogan

Do you mean in the Search bar at the top, or the To field when you compose an email?

Check out our Tips and Tricks board for solutions to most Yahoo Mail issues!
Want help via Twitter? Tweet @YahooCare
'Hoo Recruit

I mean in the search bar.
'Hoo Recruit

İ mean search bar at the top.
Thanks
Moderatin' 'Hoo

@abderdogan

Can you send some example of searches in an email to yourself and let us know when you have done that? 

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Check out the "Known issues and updates" boards for the latest details.