cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel
Announcements
Some draft emails are missing from the Drafts folder. We're working to fix this as soon as possible. Learn more

Apple Calendar Cannot Connect to Yahoo Account

SOLVED
Highlighted
Pro 'Hoo

Apple Calendar Cannot Connect to Yahoo Account

I changed a security setting to block apps that may use a less secure sign in method from accessing my Yahoo account when the suggestion popped up from Yahoo. Now my Apple Calendar cannot connect to my Yahoo Calendar. I updated the iO and tried removing and then adding back the Yahoo account to the Apple Calendar but did not help. I get the message "Unable to verify account name or password." I also made sure I am using the correct password.

How do I fix this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pro 'Hoo

Re: Apple Calendar Cannot Connect to Yahoo Account

I figuired it out. Went to Account Info, then to Account security and then turned on Allow apps that use less secure sign in. This also prevented Mac Contacts from connecting to Yahoo account.

2 REPLIES
Pro 'Hoo

I figuired it out. Went to Account Info, then to Account security and then turned on Allow apps that use less secure sign in. This also prevented Mac Contacts from connecting to Yahoo account.

'Hoo Recruit

i did and now my calendar and reminders are not working. i am getting an unkown server error.