cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Time to celebrate All-star ArthurDent’s 1 year Yahoo Help Community anniversary!

Administratin' 'Hoo

Time to celebrate All-star ArthurDent’s 1 year Yahoo Help Community anniversary!

@ArthurDent isn’t your average community member; he’s one of our All-stars and he spends much of his own time helping other Yahoo customers here in our help community. With over 1778 posts, 50 accepted solutions, and 290 kudos.

You can find ArthurDent in our “Account and sign-in” and “Yahoo Mail” boards helping others with issues of varying difficulty. ArthurDent was an active member in Yahoo Answers and he gladly transitioned to the new Yahoo products Help Community you see today.

We recently talked to ArthurDent about his Yahoo experience and here is what he had to say.

1. How long have you been a Yahoo customer?
    I've been using this Yahoo account for almost 15 years now. I can't believe it has actually been that long.
  2. What brings you back to help here in the community?
    I love helping people. I've been in IT for 30 years doing everything from operations to help desk to programming. I've always loved trying to figure out how to resolve the issue that came up.
  3. What is your favorite Yahoo Mail feature?
    I can't think of a favorite feature. I do love the cavernous 1TB of account space. Almost 15 years later I have used less than 1 percent of the available space.
  4. Do you frequent any other Yahoo sites?
    The only other places I frequent are Groups and Yahoo Answers. Unfortunately all the groups I belonged to have died away. I started using Yahoo Answers over eight years ago and have racked up over 200,000 points and provided over 32,000 answers. At one point I had a 82% Best Answers rating. I don't do much there anymore. Answering questions in the new Yahoo Help Community is now a better experience.
  5. One fun fact about yourself?
    I like puns. I think it all started with the classic "Once a pun a time". If you really like puns let me recommend the "Zanth" series by Piers Anthony. There you can find some really creative ones like bedrock which makes a really comfortable mattress, or tumbleweed which you want to avoid at all cost when you are walking across a field or down a hill. One touch and you'll find yourself tumbling down the hill or across the field, instead of walking. Read the books for more great ones. I'm also known for my quick wit in being able to find the humor in a situation.

Have a good day and a better morrow.

Let me just say, “thanks!” to you ArthurDent for your help and contributions to our community. We look forward to many more great years with you!
- The Yahoo Help Community Team

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Check out the "Known issues and updates" boards for the latest details.