Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Let’s celebrate All-star okietom’s 1 year Yahoo Help Community anniversary

Highlighted
Administratin' 'Hoo

Let’s celebrate All-star okietom’s 1 year Yahoo Help Community anniversary

@okietom isn’t just another community member; he’s one of our All-stars that spends much of his own time helping other Yahoo customers in our help community. With over 1853 post, and 117 accepted solutions and 393 kudos, Okietom really is an all-star.

When we realized that okietom has been helping others in our community for over a year, we realized it was past time to learn more about him. Checkout what he shared with us – you can’t help but really like this guy!

Basics:  Thomas Austin (Tom) Okietom in the Yahoo Help Community and Oklatom in Yahoo answers.  Probably among the oldest here since I'm 78 and retired twice.

32 years with the State of California as a Psychiatric Technician, most of it working with "insane prisoners" then after taking early retirement there and moving to Oklahoma started and ran a towing service and repair shop for 13 years.

1. How long have you been a Yahoo customer?

Seems like forever.  If we use the date I joined answers, that would be since May 09, 2006.  I was aware of Yahoo before then of course, and even was group owner of some Yahoo help groups, one for groups owners and moderators.

1. What brings you back to help here in the community?

Masochism.  No, strike that.  In reality, both my chosen professions were those that helped others.  As you can imagine working in the prison system it is a revolving door and a lot fail.  I was asked once how I could work in that environment, and my truthful answer was "It isn't those who fail and come back, it is those they stay out and call me to say 'Thank you' that keeps me going."

1. What is your favorite Yahoo Mail feature?

How can you choose just one?  I can give you the list of things that really work for me, with the top of the list being one TB of storage space.  After 10 years and multiple folders, I haven't made a dent in that space.  Next for me is filters and folders. Ease of operation, and it goes on from there.

1. Do you frequent any other Yahoo sites?

Of course. Here, answers, groups, news, search, flickr.  Some more, some less.

1. One fun fact about yourself.?

This was a hard one for me, so I asked my wife.  Her reply was "Your strange sense of humor."  I didn't buy that as accurate, so I asked my grandson in law.  His reply was a bit more polite.  "You have a witty saying for every occasion."  Then I recalled what the psychiatrist had written in the cover of the book I was presented with when I left state service.  "Things won't be punny around here any more."  The book was "The Trivia Encyclopedia".

I'll leave you with this.

A dromedary has two humps

A camel has one hump.

What do you call the one with no humps?

Spoiler
Humphrey

Thanks!

Is this guy not great?! We all need a sense of humor.

Let me just say, “thanks!” to you Okietom for your help and contributions to our community. We look forward to another great year with you!

- The Yahoo Help Community Team

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
Check out the "Known issues and updates" boards for the latest details.