cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

how do I change my security questions?

SOLVED
'Hoo Recruit

how do I change my security questions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Administratin' 'Hoo

Re: how do I change my security questions?

Hi @radar -  The security of your Yahoo account is our top priority. Because of account security advancements, you'll no longer need to protect your account using secret questions. Going forward, you won't be able to edit or add new security questions to your account.

Instead of security questions, we recommend updating your account information and adding your alternate email address or mobile number. In the future, you can use your listed alternate email address or mobile number to confirm your identity and receive account recovery steps if you ever lose access to your account.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
60 REPLIES
Administratin' 'Hoo

Hi @radar -  The security of your Yahoo account is our top priority. Because of account security advancements, you'll no longer need to protect your account using secret questions. Going forward, you won't be able to edit or add new security questions to your account.

Instead of security questions, we recommend updating your account information and adding your alternate email address or mobile number. In the future, you can use your listed alternate email address or mobile number to confirm your identity and receive account recovery steps if you ever lose access to your account.

If you see any helpful posts, give a Kudo! If you see a response that answers your question, please mark Accept as Solution!
'Hoo Recruit

How does adding alternatate email address or mobile number help protect security question integrity?  

Mail Pro All-star

As stated, security questions are being phased out.  Having a cell phone or alternatae email is much more secure as answers to the questions can be guessed with some degree of accuracy which puts your account at risk, but only you will have access to a reset code sent to your cell phone.

So, at this point you can not change your questions, and with new accounts they aren't even offered.

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".
'Hoo Recruit

'Hoo Recruit

'Hoo Recruit

I still need help with this issue. I got locked out of my other account, and it is asking for the answers to the security questions. I have had this account since I was 11, I am now 27, so I don't remember the answers. 

So I still need a way to get into that email account. My whole life is on there. Please help! Thanks.

New 'Hoo

i just recently had a problem with security and my password was changed i no longer had acess to the phone or email on file so i answered the questions im sure thats how they got into my account i dont want my account hacked again can they be changed or deleted ive looked online and cant find a way to remove or change them and i tried emailing yahoo in but no option just the forum

Established 'Hoo

Reading this thread on security questions does not make me any more comfortable about Yahoo security. Playing devils advocate: If an account is hacked the hacker can change the phone numbers and so the original owner has no way to recover. And if (as I do) the original owner only has e-mail through their Yahoo account, then any e-mail to reset the password will not be accessible by the original account owner.  I've added a cell phone number to my account and verified it successfully. BUT I get an e-mail that botches the phone number: "The following was added to your account:
+1 8-165-20X-XXX" which is entered as 816-520-NNNN (number obscured with X's and N's for this post). How can I trust that this will work if/when needed?

Tags (1)
'Hoo Recruit

My security question is nonsensical and not one that you ever asked me.  It was where did I meet my wife, and I have never been married. I answered that I have never been married, and it told me I was wrong.  I had this account hacked once before and I am wondering if this question was supplied by the hacker. I want this question deleted, and it's almost impossible to get anything from you except for the yahoo community who doesn't have my problem. I hope your cistomers are not so insignificant to you that you intentionally iasolate yourself from them.