cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Yahoo says my recovery email does not exist?!

New 'Hoo

Yahoo says my recovery email does not exist?!

Hello. This is very alarming. I cannot access my recovery email as it "invalid" it is a rocketmail. I dont have access to my old number anymore so that is the only option I have.

3 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Yahoo says my recovery email does not exist?!

Greetings @MissGreed

When was the last time you had signed into this rocketmail account to check your email?  Yahoo requires that you sign into your account at least once every 12 months in order for your account to remain active.  Otherwise your account is deactivated due to inactivity.  Have you tried sending an email to that rocketmail email address?  Did you get a bounce back message saying that email can't be delivered?

If your account is still active and you currently live in the US then you are in luck as this article shows Yahoo recently started offering a Yahoo Account Pro service that offers phone support for a small fee.   

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
New 'Hoo

its been a while since I have accessed my account because there wasnt a need to do so. then it just up and vanished the second I need it. I have files my account that needs the recovery email

Highlighted
Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @MissGreed

I'm sorry to hear that.  Unfortunately there's going to be nothing that can be done to recover that account.  Yahoo stopped allowing the creation of new Rocketmail accounts in 2014.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.