cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in Spanish and Chinese.

My email account has suddenly disappeared???

Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

My email account has suddenly disappeared???

Why has my account disappeared?

I need this account can someone please help
6 REPLIES
Established 'Hoo

Re: My email account has suddenly disappeared???

Same here. If you notice on here, it's happened to hundreds of people. Suddenly over the weekend, hundreds of people are getting the "Email not recognized message" when they try to login. Yahoo has yet to acknowledge any of us on here, much less offer a solution.  And of course there's NO way to contact them directly. I've never been more disappointed in customer service for a company than now. I can't understand how there's literally NO way to contact anyone - every  possible way to reach for help just directs you to articles or to this help community, which already has hundreds asking the same questions and begging for help. I'm sorry that I have nothing to tell you except that you're not alone. I'm in the process of setting up a gmail account and moving all of my contacts over - thankfully I had 2 accounts that were connected so I still have access to my contacts and to old emails that I can at least print a hard copy of, if needed. #YahooSucks

Established 'Hoo

Same here. If you notice on here, it's happened to hundreds of people. Suddenly over the weekend, hundreds of people are getting the "Email not recognized message" when they try to login. Yahoo has yet to acknowledge any of us on here, much less offer a solution.  And of course there's NO way to contact them directly. I've never been more disappointed in customer service for a company than now. I can't understand how there's literally NO way to contact anyone - every  possible way to reach for help just directs you to articles or to this help community, which already has hundreds asking the same questions and begging for help. I'm sorry that I have nothing to tell you except that you're not alone. I'm in the process of setting up a gmail account and moving all of my contacts over - thankfully I had 2 accounts that were connected so I still have access to my contacts and to old emails that I can at least print a hard copy of, if needed. 

New 'Hoo

Same here. I did find a phone number for them but it was of no use as that lady could only help with reseting the password. Then I received a lame email from customer support directing me to this place. I'm very disappointed and I really need this email account.

Pro 'Hoo

Same. It was a work email that went down too for us so there could be serious emails we need to reply to that we can't access.

New 'Hoo

My email states that:

This mailbox is not syncing with yahoo and needs permission to resume.  This can happen because a security setting or password was changed.

Doesn't sound like a hard problem to solve but after 40 minutes of going from link to link, still no way to speak to a human.

I have two emails in yahoo, one is fine and one gives me the above message.

Any suggestion on how to get back my email to work?

Thanks

New 'Hoo

What was that phone number?