cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

I dont have access to my recovery numbers and dont know my password.

Highlighted

I dont have access to my recovery numbers and dont know my password.

So I call customer care and he was so rude to me . First I needed a laptop to get the process going. Then he tells me I need a Google play card of 49.95. Then he couldn't help me cause I didnt have a laptop. Now that I borrowed one he said I need 150$ . He also told me that someone in New Jersey on a iPhone is using my account. Now I'm frustrated and want my account . I know my number but dont have access to them. What the f do I do.
4 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Re: I dont have access to my recovery numbers and dont know my password.

Greetings @DALIAESPINOZA23

All the Yahoo Customer Care phone numbers you find online are scams.  A big tip off is they wanted payment in the form of a Google Play Card and then they wanted more money to resolve your issue. 

The Yahoo Account Pro service is the only paid Yahoo tech support available.  It is only available to those in the US and only accepts US credit or debit cards for payment.  Once you subscribe to this service you get access to a phone number you can call 24/7 for assistance.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.

please reset my account for me.

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @allmy5kids_1951

Can you define exactly what you mean by "please reset my account for me.".

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
Mail Pro All-star

Hello @DALIAESPINOZA23

That was not Yahoo you called, that was a scammer.  The only phone help from Yahoo is if you are signed up for the Yahoo Account Pro service who only charges the subscription fee.

See https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account/identify-legitimate-yahoo-websites-requests-communications-sln2070...

If you gave the scammer your credit card information call the issuer of the card and tell them what happened, and secure your account.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account/secure-yahoo-account-sln2080.html?impressions=true

If you are interested in help from Yahoo pro, have a look here.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support. https://productcentral.yahoo.com/products/yahoo-help-account-pro?ncid=mbr_ryhacqlnk00000011

You can also try this free.

1. Go to the Sign-in Helper.
  2. Enter one of the account recovery items listed.
  3. Click Continue.
  4. Follow the instructions given in the Sign-in Helper.

If it does not help this applies unless you want to  try the Pro service.

Still can't get signed in? If you're unable to use the Sign-in Helper to get into your account, because your recovery info is wrong or inaccessible, you won't be able to regain access to your account again. You're always welcome to sign up for a new account, but just make sure to keep your new account's recovery info up-to-date.

If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".