cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements

We’ve made the difficult decision to discontinue the Yahoo Communities effective Jan 24, 2019.

Be assured you will still be able to find answers to your Yahoo product and app questions on the Yahoo Help website (https://help.yahoo.com). In addition, you’ll be able to find the Yahoo Community moderators on Twitter, responding from our many handles including @YahooCare and @YahooFantasyCC.

If you ever need help with your Yahoo accounts, try Yahoo Account Pro for 24/7 live phone support.

Cannot Activate Two Step Verification

'Hoo Recruit

Re: Cannot Activate Two Step Verification

To clarify - dropping the '0' at the beginning of your mobile number does the trick!

Pro 'Hoo

Solution: Cannot Activate Two Step Verification

I found the solution!! It turned out that even though I selected my phone number from the drop-down and it was correct, formatted as (XXX) XXX-XXXX, what I needed to do was manually re-enter my phone number with 10 digits and NO PUNCTUATION CHARACTERS!!!! Then it worked!!!

New 'Hoo

This did the trick for me. thanks bub...

'Hoo Recruit

I have the same issue, I used to have 2 Step verification but today it turned itself off and now I get the message "Contact not Found"

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @Johnnyp1

Is this question about a Yahoo account ending in Yahoo.com, an ATT account (att.net, sbcglobal.net, bellsouth.net, etc.), or some other account?

Are you trying to do this from a laptop or desktop?  What browser are you using to do this?  What version of Yahoo mail are you using?  What part of the world are you in?

When you view the Account security page you can have either "Yahoo Account Key" or two-step verification enabled.  Is either one showing as enabled?

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.
Highlighted
Mail Pro All-star

Hello @Johnnyp1

Assuming it is a Yahoo account, see if this helps you.

Manage devices or disable Account Key

If you're using multiple devices and Yahoo apps, you can choose where the notification is sent. You can also turn off Account Key and switch back to a password, if you prefer.

Manage Account Key from a web browser

1. Go to the Yahoo Account security page.
  2. By "Yahoo Account Key," click Manage.
  3. Click the toggle to the right of any device you want to turn on or off.
  4. Optionally, click Disable Account Key at the bottom of the screen to switch back to a password.

Manage Account Key from a Yahoo mobile app

1. From your Account Key enabled app, tap the Menu icon Image of the side menu icon..
  2. Tap the Account Key icon Image of the Account Key icon..
  3. Tap Manage Account Key.
  4. Tap the toggle to the right of any device you want to turn on or off.
  5. Optionally, tap Disable Account Key at the bottom of the screen to switch back to a password.
If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".
'Hoo Recruit

Hi, this is a desk top computer, I'm in the uk and it's a yahoo.co.uk account

'Hoo Recruit

Thanks all.

It's working again now.

Cheers!

Mail Pro All-star

Greetings @Johnnyp1

Yahoo New Mail Account Security Clear.jpg

When you go to the Account security page what options do you see?  The account shown above has both a recovery phone number and recovery phone number set.  Two-step verification has also been enabled.

I see you say things are working correctly now.  I guess you don't need my reply after all.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue

Please note that the classic version of Yahoo Mail will no longer be available after January 30, 2019. At that time, you'll be upgraded to the latest version of Yahoo Mail or basic Mail, depending on your browser's compatibility.