cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cancel

Help Community

Announcements
Yahoo Help Community is also available in 中文 (Chinese), Français (French), Deutsch (German), and Español (Spanish).

Account info appear wrong for recipients

SOLVED
Highlighted
'Hoo Recruit

Account info appear wrong for recipients

even I set my account first and last name correct on my account info page, it showed wrong to recipients!

is there another place that this page to correct my account info?

can I send email to yahoo support team to help me? if yes so what is their support email address?

Much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mail Pro All-star

Re: Account info appear wrong for recipients

Greetings @MahmoudHamouda

If you are sending from your mobile are you using a mail app or are you signing into your Yahoo account using the mobile browser.  If you are using an email app be aware that the settings in the app will take precedence over the settings in your mail account itself.  The following article can provide more information.

Update your "Sending Name" on a mobile device - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sln5714.html

Please let me know if this helps you resolve this issue.

Please give Kudos for any answer you like
Please click the Accept as Solution button if an answer resolves your issue
6 REPLIES
Mail Pro All-star

Hi @MahmoudHamouda

Change your sending name in Yahoo Mail

Did you recently get married, change your name, or just want to reinvent yourself? Just change the "From," or sending name, that displays to your recipients.

1. Sign in to Yahoo Mail.
  2. Mouse over the Settings menu icon Image of the Settings icon. | select Settings.
  3. Click Accounts.
  4. Click on the Yahoo email account.
  5. Enter a new name in the "Your Name" field.
  6. Click Save.
If an answer helps you please give a kudo.
If it solves a problem please accept it as "Accepted Solution".
'Hoo Recruit

I keep doing that but never works, even my info looks fine in settings it keep showing wrong to recipients!
Any ideas?
Mail Pro All-star

Are you sending emails from your laptop, desktop, phone, or tablet?  What browser or app are you using?  Are you using Yahoo Basic, Yahoo Classic, or the New Mail to send these emails?  What exactly is wrong and where does that show in the emails you are sending?  Have you sent an email to another account so you can see what your receipents are seeing?

'Hoo Recruit

Firstly thanks for your care
I send from my mobile.
My last name is Hamooda, however it's shown at the recipient as Mahmouda !!
I tried yes to send to other email account and same issue appeared.
Mail Pro All-star

If you are sending from your mobile are you using a mail app or are you signing into your Yahoo account using the mobile browser.  If you are using an email app be aware that the settings in the app will take precedence over the settings in your mail account itself.  The following article can provide more information.

Update your "Sending Name" on a mobile device - https://help.yahoo.com/kb/sln5714.html

Please let me know if this helps you resolve this issue.

'Hoo Recruit

much much appreciated your attention and support. issue sovled after looking into link you sent me. It was suppose to be done from main menu Settings > accounts.

Have a great day